Solved ForrestMaster's Guide to fixing errors 13,14,16,20,21

lucidian518

Reaction score
EEP
I dont have a partition three. I tried to do this before with a sub-par guide and i guess that got rid of some partitions 0.o?
I'm trying to fix it right now but if anyone can help me that'd be great.
Does the partition matter or can i slap it in any ol one and fix everything?

Thanks!

Great, this looks like exactly what I need. My power went out in the middle of a softmod about a year ago and I haven't been able to find a solution (I also hadn't been trying that hard...)
I'll let ya know if it works for me.

F

ForrrestMaster

It should work. Its redoing everything that softmods did.

lucidian518

Reaction score
I only have partitions 0-2, and I just got an error that i have a bad feeling will end up deleting the partition i just tried to put the files into. I read some earlier posts and you mentioned something about wiping the drive.

Cannot write Cluster is the error that pops up.

By my Unprofessional guess, the partition I'm tring to drop it in doesnt have enough room (since partitioon 3 is gone for me) so I wiped partition 2 and am trying to drop it there. (At this point I'm boned so I see no harm in wiping random stuff until I figure out wtf happened.)

Do I need to "refomat" it?

Puting it in a different partition did NOT work.
And I got so excited thinking I would finially fix this SOB...

MiNDARK

Reaction score
If I make this right and have all the new files in right place as described in your guide, what happends after that? Do I need to install other stuff like Evox, patches, modding all those stuff that I don't have much knowledge of? I only use my XBOX to run XBMC so what is required to get it up running again after your guide.

I am a noob so please explain in easy steps if you can. :smile:

A few more questions:

1. Should the Xbox internal powercable to the HDD be plugged in at all time?
  2. What about security, do I need to use my sexy rubber gloves to be safe?
  3. I can't remember that I have any eeprom file anywhere I have probably deleted it cause of bad knowledge, but I read somewhere that it was possible to makea new one with Evox backup in utilys, is that true?
That's all for now. Thanks in advance Guru Forrest! :smile:

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
MiNDARK said:
If I make this right and have all the new files in right place as described in your guide, what happends after that? Do I need to install other stuff like Evox, patches, modding all those stuff that I don't have much knowledge of? I only use my XBOX to run XBMC so what is required to get it up running again after your guide.

I am a noob so please explain in easy steps if you can. :smile:
You will have to resoftmod, this will basically return your xbox to its original state

I didn't find a way to edit my previous post so I continue with my questions here instead.

Sorry to bother again with new silly questions but better safe than sorry.

1. Should the Xbox internal powercable to the HDD be plugged in at all time?
  2. What about security, do I need to use my sexy rubber gloves to be safe?
  3. Please read my post above "what to do after"
  4. I can't remember that I have any eeprom file anywhere I have probably deleted it cause of bad knowledge, but I read somewhere that it was possible to makea new one with Evox backup in utilys, is that true?
That's all for now. Thanks in advance Guru Forrest! :smile:
1. Yes
2. No... unless you want to
3. boot up, then softmod like normal
4. if you softmodded you prolly have an EEprom backup on your HDD somewhere... but I dunno on that one

MiNDARK

Reaction score
To be honest I don't know if I have a softmodded or chiped version because I don't know much about it. What I do know is that it says Executer on the bottom of the screen on startup.

MiNDARK

Reaction score
David5534 said:
You softmod like you did the first time but i recommend you use this tut http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-softmod/20179-softmod-krayzies-ndure-installer-1-1-1-a.html
I have not done this in the first time. A guy a knew did it for me. I don't know anything about all this.
Like I wrote before I don't know if I have a softmodded or chipped version. What I do know is that it says Executer on the bottom of the screen on startup. If I have a chipped version, do I still need to softmod?

F

ForrrestMaster

David, his xbox is chipped. His bios is trying to load a dash that isnt there. If that is so then he doesnt have to worry about shadow c. He needs to replace the evoxdash.xbe on his C drive.

MiNDARK

Reaction score
I finally got the bastard to work again, thanks to you guys! :smile: After reinstalling the original msdashboard I couldn't get any of my "autoinstaller-discs" to work so I swaped the disc using the guide once more. Than I manually transfered the XBMC shortcuts files into partion 3 so I could boot up with XBMC instead of the original dash. Now I got FTP-access again and all stuff seem to work. I mean, do I really need Evox or any of the other programs when I only run XBMC? Thanks again!

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
No you wont need any other files or anything if you have FTP and a cool dash, glad you got it working.

teddykgb

Reaction score
Thanks a ton for this guide. I am trying to do 2 xboxes (don't ask how I screwed up both of them) the first one worked great but now when I try to do the second one starting the whole process over again I get an error in explorer360 and it won't let me do anything to partition 3. Any thoughts?

The error is "cannot read cluster; clusterId 973489670 is out of range!"?

Thanks!

If I click through that error it repeats a handful of times and then it gives a cluster tracking error or something like that.

teddykgb

Reaction score
Same errors but could work around by deleting one folder at a time. Also gave errors when loading new files but xbox boots up normally. It appears we're good to go! Thanks again! Now to softmod them both again. Is Ndure the best? I did them both originally using the guide on lifehacker.

Thanks!

Top Bottom