Forge Share

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Programs' started by superaison, Dec 8, 2008 with 14 replies and 1,269 views.

1. superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    Should Matt and I continue?

Here are some things we will include if we do

* Picture Support
    * Video Support
    * Gametype Support
    * Film Support(obviously will have to boot it up)
    * Resigning support(if purchased from haloelites.org)
    * If Someone who knows how, automatic HDD transfer(hard =\ )
    * Less bugs(obv.)
    * Auto Log in

Just some ideas off top of head, a few already are in there, plus a few others.

What Matt and I would like to know, Is should we continue this project more? If so, what sort of things would the community like in it? What don't they like?

Oh, and it'll be free.

Please post some constructive criticism, GUI ideas/changes are welcome.

Thanks!

-Roger

2. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    Sounds cool. Not much into the whole Halo/360 scene anymore, but if I were I'd definitely want you to still continue this.

3. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Pretty much summed it all up tbh.

4. xxsoftwarexx

xxsoftwarexx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The automattic HD transfer would require a lot of time cus each person or you app would requir to have a webs erver build in and and opening of ports and of course ssl and some num nuts would use a virus to someone.

5. Crofty

Crofty Newbie

Ratings:
    He means automatic HD transfer as in, connect to your xbox 360's hard drive and transfer the file you downloaded.

6. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    Yeah.

:tongue:

7. xxsoftwarexx

xxsoftwarexx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    my bad lol that would still be hard. unless you make like and xbc client

8. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That sounds cool! I really like the idea of it and I hope that You should try and add categorizes (racetracks, glitches, infection/slayer, and test/junk maps) I also suggest to add a "Featured" and or "Most Popular" tab. And when people upload have it automatically resign it with one of the old key vaults so that if Microsoft is watching they can get our unbanned KV's.

I'm going to assume that you meant "a xbc client" not "and xbc client", but that doesn't make any scene, XBC is running LAN through your PC (connecting you to other XBC users), this has nothing to do with moddding.

9. xxsoftwarexx

xxsoftwarexx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I ment like a system for us to join and share files but not actually be in a party..i know that sounds weird but idk.

10. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ya, that's not very piratical because every one would have to have it all set up; as I understand that problems are common with XBC this would be more trouble than it's worth.

11. TheMLG Blackout

TheMLG Blackout Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yer as it would be a free. put ur resigner in it. that people can use with out having to pay. im not saying that people should not need to pay for it its just people like me live in the U.K and dont really like having to pay the exchange rate and all that. just for some thing that will cost 3.15 when its been changed into the pound insted of the USA dolla.

12. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think you should continue. I personally don't bother with the modding biz. any more but anyone that still wants to mod, and there are a lot of them, would probably find this tool very useful. If you think it is worth YOUR'S and MATT'S time, If I were you then I'd go for it.

13. cmanrocks

cmanrocks Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yall must also figure a way out to make all the old modding anything work agian so im all for you continuing but i suggest all parts be put to the test on line befor release.

14. TheMLG Blackout

TheMLG Blackout Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you should put a littal program where u can put a film, user map or some thing into it and it will tell u if it will work on your xbox 360. that way people wont have to go through the process of having to put it all their xbox HDD just to find out that it might not work. :tongue:

and another. this might be hard to doo but will be worth it. a program that shows a basic layout like lets say foundry. and then when you put it into a prgram like forge to mod it. when u select an obeject like closed-box number 1. it will show you where ruffly that object is on that map. soo that you know what box or object u are going to be changing with out having to guess :tongue:

15. quic

quic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    bring forge back, i still use the other one. its such an amazing concept tbh