Forge Mod

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by loph12, Dec 10, 2008 with 9 replies and 4,106 views.

1. loph12

loph12 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was talking to my friend and he was talking about a program that lets you forge on a computer. It makes this perfectly flat geo-merged and anything you want. I've never heard of this and he showed me Picceta's map called Haven. In one of the bases at the top there are some fence walls that are placed perfectly flat floated and geo-merged into the wall. He was saying how there is no way people couldn't do it without a computer. The other person in the party just said it was called 'No Life'. And I had to some what agree. But, if this is a real program could someone link me? I've googled and stuff but no dice.

Thanks,

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    No such thing, its actually pretty easy to geomerge, you just make it so the object and move then put doors upside down/sideways (depending on if you want it in the floor or the wall) grab the object wait a sec, save and quit. when you start the map again it will be cleanly geomerged.

3. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    There's a website that lets you create your map but only on Foundry. And it's just a layout, so you can replicate it in actual Forge.

[Click here to view the link]

4. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    either just some advanced co ordinate editing, or pro forging, or some mixture of both.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    loph12

loph12 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's what I thought. Thanks guys. :smile:

6. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    A program like this would be called a bsp editor; there were one for halo 2 but there is not one for halo 3. Currently we cant get models from the .maps because they are encrypted; so until some one can break that encryption (which very well may not be possible) or someone spends hours recreating the models in a 3d program, this wont happen. But it is possible.

7. AMMKILLER

AMMKILLER Enthusiast

Ratings:
    is this on the pc or 360 becuase this guy said you cant make modded maps on the 360

8. OP
    loph12

loph12 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wooooooooooooooow

Some people use there eyes.

And lots of people know this.

9. Your-Virtue

Your-Virtue Newbie

Ratings:
    actually there is a program that lets you do that it is called forge and im going to give you a website that has the link : http://www.gamecrave.net/downloads.html . this has many modding programs for download so check it out and say thank you B)

10. 504 - 503 - 502

504 - 503 - 502 Newbie

Ratings:

Retard.... good job bumping a thread from 2 years ago :wink: