Forge Item Limit?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by IVIUPPET, Feb 9, 2009 with 9 replies and 1,794 views.

1. IVIUPPET

IVIUPPET Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My friends have been saying that there is some way to edit the number of a particular item you can spawn in forge. For example, I wanted to make a base but i ran out of double walls and double boxes very quickly and I was wondering if there was any way to increase the limit from 24 boxes (in foundry) to like 50 or something. In the forge map editor for PC, it appears that you can modify the number of an item that you are allowed to spawn as well as your budget. I tried editing both of these and for a control, I switched some magnums for spartan lasers. I resigned my map (after editing in forge for PC) and loaded it up on halo. The magnums were now lasers but the forge item limit was untouched (as well as my budget).

Ive looked all over, and i really want to do this but my searching hasn't gotten me anywhere.

2. Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I tried the same thing, I was set on my first modded map being 'Cone World', a giant map filled with street cones.... that would be .map modding though, which you currently cannot do unless you have a spare $800-$1200 lying around.

3. tree huga

tree huga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    dunno if this would work but you could try swapping something else into a box. like putting a grenade and modding it to a box.

4. Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I tried that with Cone World too, it didn't work. It will still only put down the maximum allowed amount of the object. If it's in forge, you can only get as many as it says you can.

5. tree huga

tree huga Enthusiast

Ratings:
  6. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    i researched this a long time ago (pre con signer release), and basically if the object can be placed you cant go over the limit. However, if it is an item that cannot normally be spawned, its unlimited (example shade turret).

7. ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06 The Shiroyasha Retired

Ratings:
    I was pretty sure it has a 255 limit tbh, as thats all the shrine defenders I could make on sandtrap (makes sense too, FF imo)

8. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    You can go over with simple forging techniques

Cant remember the exact way, but its like, do inf money glitch, place a bunch of what you want, then save as new map, add more, or something like that

9. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    well i was speaking in relative terms, but yeah technically there is a maximum at one point.

10. tree huga

tree huga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well i saw a map called make a house that was on another site and it had like 40 or 50 power cores on narrows.