Solved Forge issues

• Thread starter scynide
  • Start date
  • Views 1,551
S

scynide

Reaction score
Sin$
I am using Forge 2.3 to edit a usermap. Whenever I edit a chunk and change the chunk type to "Edited", save everything, resign, and open it back up, the edited objects show up as "-#####" where it says Chunk Type. Is it supposed to do that? I have a map that is not spawning any of my edited objects. I thought this might be why.

E

enoop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont have an idea but what are you trying to put on the map and what are you swaping out for the object?

Upvote 0
S

scynide

Reaction score
Sin$
I just cloned chunks for wall_xxxl (Invisible wall), gave the new chunks the coordinates of some double walls, changed the Chunk Type to "Edited", set respawn to 30, team to 8, checked all the boxes on the side (Spawn at start, Symmetrical, etc.), and saved. The double walls were in the spots where I wanted the invisible walls. I nulled out the original double walls and that worked, but none of the inivisible walls spawned.

Upvote 0
Flex Offender

Flex Offender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
y dont you just change the 2 idents??(wall,then change to wall_xxx or w/e then rpess save??):?

and wtf are chunks?i realy dont know...Is it just so its in the EXACT same position or somthing?

Upvote 0
S1R34L

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your doing a lot more than you need to...just change the ident of the wall to the invisible wall...then save and resign...

Upvote 0
B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
scynide said:
I am using Forge 2.3 to edit a usermap. Whenever I edit a chunk and change the chunk type to "Edited", save everything, resign, and open it back up, the edited objects show up as "-#####" where it says Chunk Type. Is it supposed to do that? I have a map that is not spawning any of my edited objects. I thought this might be why.

That is exactly why I don't like forge, I never got use to the UI use sandbox 2.5 and hexediting much easier.

Upvote 0
S

scynide

Reaction score
Sin$
Sandbox doesn't work for me. I tried using Sandbox 3 and it says "Sandbox has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience." every time I try t open it. :mad: I have every .NET Framework from 1.0 to 3.5. I used to mod Halo, and Halo 2 too.

Upvote 0
S1R34L

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So did what i tell you work? Remember, you have to use superasion's new resigner, not the old one...i think it's in Toybox V2

Upvote 0
S

scynide

Reaction score
Sin$
No. I don't want all of the double walls on the map to be Invisible. Only ones at specific coordinates. And why do I have to use superasion's new resigner? Whats wrong with the built in resigner in Forge 2.3?

Upvote 0
B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
scynide said:
Sandbox doesn't work for me. I tried using Sandbox 3 and it says "Sandbox has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience." every time I try t open it. :mad: I have every .NET Framework from 1.0 to 3.5. I used to mod Halo, and Halo 2 too.
Ya don't use forge 3, shade as been downgrading it.... I don't know why he does it but sandbox get's less and less powerful each update. Use V 2.5

Upvote 0
E

enoop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
BlackOps said:
Ya don't use forge 3, shade as been downgrading it.... I don't know why he does it but sandbox gets less and less powerful each update. Use V 2.5
What do you mean you said don't use forge 3(there's a forge 3.0???) and sandbox gets worse each update, which program are we talking about here?

Upvote 0
S

scynide

Reaction score
Sin$
scynide said:
No. I don't want all of the double walls on the map to be Invisible. Only ones at specific coordinates.

I do need to clone the invisible wall chunks and give them the coordinates of the double walls I want to replace, right? I know I need to null out the original double wall after that. And do I need to change the Chunk Type to "Edited"?

Upvote 0
S1R34L

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, No, and No...all you have to do is place double walls where you want them in forge(on halo 3) then transfer the map and open it in forge (the program)...select the double wall ident...then just change it to the invisible wall ident (wall_xxxl) under bloc...then save and resign...no need to do all that chunk crap...

Upvote 0
E

enoop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No no that is much harder then what you could do please go read Sasquatch 45's tutorial on How To Mod With Forge and you will get how to do it.

Sasquatch 45 said:
No, No, and No...all you have to do is place double walls where you want them in forge(on halo 3) then transfer the map and open it in forge (the program)...select the double wall ident...then just change it to the invisible wall ident (wall_xxxl) under bloc...then save and resign...no need to do all that chunk crap...
Wow you beat me to the post by like two seconds.

Upvote 0
S

scynide

Reaction score
Sin$
And that makes ALL of the double walls on the map Invisible walls. I just need five out of the nine placed on the map turned into invisible walls.

Upvote 0
E

enoop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To answer your first post then no i don't think you have to put it to edit just find the invisible wall tag and click add chunk the put in the coordinates of the wall you want to change then hit save, repeat for all walls then go back to the see able wall tags and just click delete chuck for all the wall you want to swap.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register