What's new

Forcing Host and TU6

• Thread starter TheBarnabyJones
  • Start date
  • Views 9,765
K

kl3zero

Reaction score
has anyone found a working way to bridge host in ranked on TU6 yet?

N

numberwang44

Reaction score
Has anyone tried lag switching? I heard a rumor it may work I know it works in game....

Q

QuickSilver Xf

Reaction score
"They say the best connection wins and receives host, however this is not true.
My connections 20MG, and my mates connections 50MG and we hardly ever receive host.
We play on bad connections which is a FAIL because why doesn't it make my mate with the 50MG host?"

don't forget about your PING. from how you type i'd say your uk. as good as internet speeds are in the UK, your cross-atlantic connection may be well into the 150 ms range (amount of time it takes your 50 mb data packet to reach destination). gears 2 seems to work best with 50 ms ping or faster.

I

iTzCaMmYBoi

Reaction score
don't forget about your PING. from how you type i'd say your uk. as good as internet speeds are in the UK, your cross-atlantic connection may be well into the 150 ms range (amount of time it takes your 50 mb data packet to reach destination). gears 2 seems to work best with 50 ms ping or faster.

Hmm, i understand what your saying.. when i test my connection its 40-45ping. For my friend its usually under 40. We've started too receive host more often and also the connection are starting too be really good. The only thing now, is it takes abit longer too find a game.

Have you heard anything about forcing host yet?

Also thanks alot for replying :smile:
-iTz CaMmY Boi

G

GearsBobbleHead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just forced host on Ranked, using zonealarm, solo.

N

numberwang44

Reaction score
Apparently this works -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDLIu-sYnY

W

Wizardman7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently this works -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDLIu-sYnY

No, that doesn't work, and it's a virus. Don't use it. I've been looking, and it doesn't look like there's any way to force host anymore. I tried the old Zone Alarm method and it doesn't work for me.

C

CHUMP014

Reaction score
just For your peeps information ¬TU6 Does fail,
Reason:
I am in the UK but I work for a new broadband company that is producing 100/100 connections
Now I have a 97.8 (average) download and a 74.68 (average) upload speed I also have a average of 12MS ping to the Epic IP and around a 14MS ping to the west coast,
Now in absolutely every other game non fail I will get host,
However Gears of war 2 just doesn't ever ever give me host and i always find incredibly laggy games and there always for some reason USA connections,
So I decided to have a poke around the gears IP address at local files like testing files and such and it seems that the epic servers only allow a maximum of 27.92MB/s (yes MB/s not mb/s) This means anyone at all that has a faster connection than that will not show on there servers as being the best candidate for host as It basically makes the server think you have a worse Ping (not upload or download) just ping than someone that has a slower connection even though that is bulls***,
Now if you don't believe me anyone with a 30MB - 50MB connection go to speed test.net and do a speed test then GOTO google and type BBmax click on the first link and run a test you will see that BBmax gives a lower ping than Speedtest.net will this is because BBmax Runs on 64 dedicated 1Gbit connection's for testing and as such doesn't give you such a high ping rate as the server can handle more.

Now i have no idea why the epic servers used for testing people connections are so slow, it may be because there setting up for the new Gears of war 3 it may be because of something totally different however that would be why you still connect to laggy games and why a lot of the time you get kicked from games as the epic servers see that your connection is crap but then while the game is loading your connection ping will lower as your speed drops a little because it lowers to speed the servers can see better, and when it sees that it see's you as a host bridger or whatever and kicks you, This is also the reason why you sometimes find games where you are the only player on one side with host and the other side has a full team,

So conclusion,
Epic fails yet again,
They should have left it as it was where people could bridge as at-least that way everyone had a chance as it was easy to bridge, But as it is we have option but to get put into laggy games get bested by 2 year olds on there 2Mbit connection and get called n00bs because we where lagging so much.

Options:
The only way I can think of for someone to get passed all this is for them to turn net tools on at about speed 7 and leave it running until you find a game, The only problem with this would be that 9/10 times it would take up to 10-15 Min to find a game,
But if you want host so much I think it would be worth it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register