• Thread starter vX Fatality Xv
  • Start date
  • Views 7,104
vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't really seen any guide on this so here it goes... BTW, it's my first guide.

Step 1: Check on the back of your modem (Not Router) and see if it has an on/off button. (If it does'nt, this guide is not for you.)

Step 2: If it does, make a party on Gears 2 and invite friends to make a full party. (Four people if playing Player's choice, Elimination, Territories, Flashback Player's choice, or the Combustible Maps) (One person if playing Wingman)

Step 3: When everyone is ready start the matchmaking, and when the top two boxes are checked, press on/off button and press it again right after you pressed it the first time. (If you are in an Xbox LIVE Party you should get disconected from it, and that's okay. This should'nt disconnect you from Xbox LIVE)

Step 4: It should continue searching for a game, and this would be a good time to join back into your friend's Xbox LIVE Party. (You should join all of the gametypes but Wingman within a few seconds to a couple minutes. Wingman on the other hand, could take up to twenty minutes with all of the people trying to Bridge and or Force Host)

Step 5: Once you've joined a game, look closely at the map voting screen, if you can see the Sixth vote you are host. An easier way to see if you're host is to look at the weapon countdown. If the Zero clicks twice, you are the Host for sure.

:thumbup:This Guide Calls For A "That Was Easy!" Button.:thumbup:

PS: You can also Standby the enemy team by pressing the on/off button on your modem and pressing it back on again right after. Be careful though, you only can do this for so long, (About 20-30 Seconds) and then you disconnect everyone from the game.​

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone wanna test and confirm/disprove this?

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I can guarantee that this won't because a .5 second standby won't do anything for host, it's just not a long enough standby for the servers to force it to you...

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Nubble said:
I can guarantee that this won't because a .5 second standby won't do anything for host, it's just not a long enough standby for the servers to force it to you...

That's what I was thinking too. I tried to make a lag switch but I can only use it for about 4 seconds before bye bye time. I tried that and it didn't give me host, so this seems a bit sketch.

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nubble said:

Sorry, when you press the on/off button, and then press it again, it takes 9-13 seconds for it to reconnect to the internet, therefore it acts as a lagswitch. I know what im talking about considering i have been host every time since i've found this out.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how it pans out

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Coletrain17 said:
I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how it pans out

Absolutely, i can almost guarantee that it will work!:thumbup:

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On/Off Button = Standby Button and I have confirmed that Standby button does work. It sometimes beats bridgers using ZA to host.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
iMarty said:
On/Off Button = Standby Button and I have confirmed that Standby button does work. It sometimes beats bridgers using ZA to host.

False. ZAP beats standby

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, I've never seen a more incorrect statement. If you are bridging correctly, you WILL get host every time, it just sometimes takes longer...

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well ya it takes longer. That's what I meant, I find host in 3-4 seconds after lowering using standby/lag switch. Of course ZA gets host every time, but I haven't failed to get host using lag switch either. The disadvantage is the fact that you cannot have your friends unaffected.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
iMarty said:
Well ya it takes longer. That's what I meant, I find host in 3-4 seconds after lowering using standby/lag switch. Of course ZA gets host every time, but I haven't failed to get host using lag switch either. The disadvantage is the fact that you cannot have your friends unaffected.

How long can you have your switch on before you disconnect?

I can only get like 4 seconds...

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya Cole, I read that in your other thread, Uh I can go on for around 25 seconds. But the ideal time to have it flipped for is around 4-9 seconds to successfully bridge host. Too much and you can't find a game/disconnect, too less and you find a game VERY fast but you aren't host.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
iMarty said:
Ya Cole, I read that in your other thread, Uh I can go on for around 25 seconds. But the ideal time to have it flipped for is around 4-9 seconds to successfully bridge host. Too much and you can't find a game/disconnect, too less and you find a game VERY fast but you aren't host.

Do you use the orange wire or the green one? I used the orange one at first but it had no affect. Didn't make lag or anything. I then tried the green one, which I get like 4 seconds of lag. Kinda annoying

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here Cole, I will try to link you to an online UDP Flooder. It is basically a lag switch but it floods your IP or router/modem with random crap therefore creating lag. I will make it a tutorial later but your convenience search for Net Tools 5 online and download it. Use the UDP Flooder App and Enter 27.27.27 as the IP and copy and paste "Data" for 30 seconds. Speed to 10, and Start/Stop are your flip =] Good luck!

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
iMarty said:
Here Cole, I will try to link you at an online UDP Flooder. It is basically a lag switch but it floods your IP or router/modem with random crap therefore creating lag. I will make it a tutorial later but your convenience search for Net Tools 5 online and download it. Use the UDP Flooder App and Enter 27.27.27 as the IP and copy and paste "Data" for 30 seconds. Speed to 10, and Start/Stop are your flip =] Good luck!

I'll just wait for your tutorial cause I can't play til the weekend anyways. And I'm sure it'll be out soon since you've got nothing better to do since you're suspended :tongue:

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
THAT is true. But I'm not good at that tutorial crap, but I guess I should try. Yay for suspended until 2/12/2009 !!!

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, it does work and I hope everyone who used my short guide was easily able to get host!:thumbup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register