• Thread starter KorrupTion
  • Start date
  • Views 470
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KorrupTion

Reaction score
Forbes Names Steve Jobs 42nd Richest man!

As Apple stock continues to soar, hitting a record closing high of $287.75 on Wednesday, the news came that Jobs had climbed one spot on Forbes' 2010 list. Jobs' net worth last year was $5.1 billion, down from $5.7 billion the previous two years.
Much of Jobs' wealth comes from being the primary stockholder of Walt Disney Co. According to Forbes, his share of the world's largest media conglomerate is valued at approximately $4.4 billion. Disney acquired Pixar in 2006 through an all-stock transaction. At the time, Jobs owned half of Pixar's stock, which converted into 138 million shares of Disney stock and was worth over $4 billion.

Jobs is well-known for his $1 salary as CEO of Apple, although he routinely receives millions of dollars in Apple stock.

Forbes' list caused a stir this year when readers discovered that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg passed up Jobs to land at 35th place with a net worth of $6.9 billion. Although Facebook has yet to go public, the company, of which Zuckerberg has a 24 percent share, was recently valued at $23 billion. Microsoft chairman Bill Gates remained at the top of the list for the 17th year in a row with a net worth of $54 billion.
And this...is in the wrong section.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Wasn't Bill Gates knocked off the top by some Mexican telephone guy? And wow... I didn't know about the $1 job salary thing.

K

KorrupTion

Reaction score
Wasn't Bill Gates knocked off the top by some Mexican telephone guy? And wow... I didn't know about the $1 job salary thing.
I wasnt aware of this either ... He does so much for not much.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
And holy s***! Pixar/Disney? No wonder why his salary for Apple is only a dollar. The man is a walking bank

+rep for posting this. I never knew these facts. Really interesting.

K

KorrupTion

Reaction score
Thanks buzz... see you on the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom