Fog help

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by kronosslayer, Jul 28, 2009 with 3 replies and 322 views.

1. kronosslayer

kronosslayer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i need a tut to put fog in a map an edit its traits like thinkness, color,etc fog editor doesnt seem to let me move it:cursing:

2. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings:
    oh, it's very easy. all you need to do is:

1. open up the map Backwash in Entity
    2. go down to the sky tab
    3. save the sky (by going to top right box in entity and clicking on recursive, parsed, sounds. then hit save. save it into it's own folder)
    4. now open up map you want to inject the fog into in Entity.
    5. on right side of Entity you'll see a button that says "build". hit build, and open the .info file of the sky. (it will take awhile to build, it will seem as if it froze)
    6. go to scnr tag
    7. right click in center of entity (part with grids), go to display, then idents
    8. on the left side of the grids you'll see "description". scroll down description until you see the sky.
    9.right click on sky, go to swap, and choose the backwash swamp.

to edit fog:

10. go to sky tag and click on the backwash swamp (or fog, i forgot).
    11. on top right of entity you'll see something called tools, click on that and go down to Meta Editor
    12. in the top middle of entity you'll see another button that says tools. hit that and hit the show button. a box will open. on bottom left of box will be a tag you can hit that says "show invisibles". hit that then hit ok.
    13. from here you can do whatever you want to do to the fog.

hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    kronosslayer

kronosslayer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thank you sooo much awesome finally some real help:smile::smile::smile::biggrin:

4. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings: