Flashing your Xbox 360 Beginner FAQ (Please Read First)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by Carson, Apr 26, 2008 with 233 replies and 616,860 views.

1. Styx

Styx Contributor

Ratings:
    Question.
    Does it ban your account, or does it ban your console. Or both?

2. memzinla

memzinla Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm so new at this. I've never had a Xbox 360 before and I just got one yesterday. It's the Slim, how do I get it modded? What should I do? How do I find out what version it is? I'm so new I don't even know where to start.

3. SCRANDYxRANDYx

SCRANDYxRANDYx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright scratch that both of those questions more or less answered after some more searching.

What powers the connectivity kit though? One of the cables that comes with it to connect it to my computer? Or do I need to buy one of these molex adapters?

4. vxKroniik

vxKroniik Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi, Great Post Carson!! I didn't read through all 14 pages, But I read through 6-7 of them.. I was wondering if I bought a broken Xbox off ebay, That I would be able to Flash it and the Xbox would be fixed.. Like if it had a HDD problem. Or would I buy a cheap working one? I really want to Flash an Xbox, But I dont want to hurt my Baby :wink:

Thanks ahead
    vxKroniik

5. gloriouslice

gloriouslice Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

I noticed that it comes with something that resembles one of those printer cords. Am I required to have the port so that it may plug into my computer because I do not have one of those ports.

6. kojero

kojero Newbie

Ratings:
    [#404] Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return back to the forum's home

First two links are not working.

7. Ookami

Ookami Newbie

Ratings:
    hi um im new here, just wanted to say that some of the links arent working

8. azureus tigris

azureus tigris Enthusiast

Ratings:
    most of the links in this dont work anymore :frown: any chance of an update?

9. iBlooD

iBlooD Newbie

Ratings:
    does this still work? do i need different hardware for the newer versions?

10. shiggity

shiggity Newbie

Ratings:
    i had my xbox moded but the new dashboard screwed stuff up.. and now i'm stuck on the cant update thing...
    i did the flashing thing as the jungleflash manual sayd to do things but still stuck on the same thing..
    also tried to download the dashboard update from xbox homepage and update it with usb or dvd rom but still same screen..

i am using the x360USB pro tool to flash my drive.. i dont have probe III i use probe II

could someone help me update or tell me how do just get rid of the update message..

11. AxelF

AxelF Newbie

Ratings:
    hey..err..can i flashed my xbox 360 slim without changed its disk drive??i mean just do something with its software..not its hardware...thanks before

12. illusivexvii

illusivexvii Newbie

Ratings:
    Just out of curiosity Carson, can we play download games without flashing the dvd-rom? like example using xexloader?

13. Red_Devil

Red_Devil Getting There

Ratings:
    Great tutorial, thanks :thumbup1:

14. SmashOut200HD

SmashOut200HD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Australia and Europe is pal, not just Europe

15. BigTonyOfDC

BigTonyOfDC Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey Everyone,

I'm about ready to flash my box, cracked it open today and I have the Lite-on DVD drive (DG-16D2s-09C). I want to make sure I have everything I need on my "to get" list, so I appreciate the help if you can let me know if I'm missing anything:
    - Xecuter CK3i
    - Probe 3
    - *** Xecuter 360 USB --- (is this just so I wont have to open up my computer and plug the Lite-On drive in to flash?)
    - Ripping drive: here is a cloudy area, can I use any DVD ROM flashed wiht Kreon (or other) firmware or do I need to buy a Kreaon DVD ROM???
    - Burning drive: another cloudy area... can any DVD +R DL burner be used here?
    - Verbatim +DL disks

Thanks for the help.

BigTonyOFDC

16. ZombieToilet

ZombieToilet Newbie

Ratings:
    Cool, but what about the Hitachi Drive, any help there? I am finding no tuts on it.

17. shishio64

shishio64 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi,
    I have the Lite-on 93450c drive and i was wondering if i could flash my box using my laptop with only the CK3 mini, Probe3 and some USB to SATA adaptor that i have (i don't know what chipset it has)?
    im asking this since in the tutorial it says "LiteOn= Xecuter Connectivity Kit with Probe (No SATA Card)"
    or do i still need the X360USB Pro or anything else that has the VIA VT6421 chipset?
    this is the USB to SATA/PATA adaptor i have:
    http://www.sunrichtech.com.hk/products-1.asp

Thanks for the help!

18. koopa2006

koopa2006 Newbie

Ratings:
    can we get a updated tutorial cause this one the links are dead and i would really like to get back in the loop after being gone for a year

19. Miss Guppy

Miss Guppy Newbie

Ratings:
    Allo,
    I am very new at playing around with the xbox - I was wondering if I needed the probe to recover my key from my dg-16d2s? I do have a x360usb pro v2? Am I able to do it straight from the usb or will I need to probe it to recover the key for the first time?

Thank you in advance!

20. KevinxRay

KevinxRay Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey man thank you VERY VERY MUCH for this FAQ! Great for people who are getting there xbox flashed and have many questions!! :biggrin: THNX!