What's new

Tutorial Flashing Your Samsung Ver. B (Pics)

M4H

M4H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
--Made By M4H (Mods4Hire.Com) -- Please credit if used in other forums --
**WARNING** You can break/fry and/or electricute yourself by messing with the box while it is turned on. You also take the chance of breaking/frying your computer. As well as killing a perfectly good xbox drive. I am not responsible for anything that you break. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
First the needed materials:
- A Samsung Version B-Drive
- Computer with at least a CD-Rom Drive and Windows XP
- An xbox
- And hacked firmware (I will not provide, but you can find it out there)
- And a app called MTK Win Flash (Usualy comes with the Firmware Download)
Now first, unplug your xbox and take the cover off. then move it towards your comp, right next to it. now here is a pic of my drives, as long as you have at least one CR-Rom this will work.
00mb5.jpg

Next unlplug the computer and its componets and take off the side case to expose your motherboard and the inside:
01zg4.jpg

Then find your DVD/CD Rom and unplug the Yellow/Black/Black/Red power plastic cord and then the ribbon cable off both drives if you have two like I do. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON NOT PULL THE HD CABLE INSTEAD:
02xn0.jpg

Get your xbox and and unplug the ribbon cable from the back of the DVD-Rom as well as the little brown power cord, but DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING FROM THE MOTHERBOARD OR THE HARDDRIVE.
Now you will take the Ver. B Drive and place it on top of the the xbox, then take the ribbon cable that you just unplugged from the computer and plug the top cable of the cord into the back of the Ver. B as well as the brown power cord from the xbx DVD-Rom. Should look something like this:
03fn4.jpg

04cu0.jpg

Next you will plug your xbox back in (just the power cord) and then plug your computer componets back in as well as the powercord, now boot up your xbox and then your computer. Once on look your fireware folder and open up your MtkWinFlash program:
05jv0.jpg

When it opens, make sure you are in "ATAPI Mode" and then click on the "Launch ATAPI Version:
06cq6.jpg

From here it will query divices, when it finishes click on the drop down on the top right down side and select the "SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SDG-605B(2)", if it is not there, your PC does not recognize the drive or it is not turned on:
07xf1.jpg

Now click the browse button and find your firmware file and click open.
08lx9.jpg

Once you have that selected "Click Flash Drive". It will come up with a "Flash Confirmation" window, just click ok:
09pv8.jpg

This is what you will see next, the drive being flashed:
10wc6.jpg

If all goes well you will see this screen:
11nx3.jpg

After this message come up, close out your programs and then shut down your computer and then your xbox. When everything is turned off unplug your power cords and re-asseble your computer. No take your xbox and plug the xbox ribbon cable into the Ver. B along with your AV cable and your power cord. First try a regual XBX game disc to make sure it boots. If it does congrats, you didn't fry your drive, next try a PROPERLY burned disc. If it boots congrats again you can now mod old maps on xbox live.

B

Bronw.Wigga

Reaction score
Sin$
yo i did everything that you said but i now have an error 07 but i did overlook something, in the pics it says SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SDG-605B(2) well mine said SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SDG-605B(4) would that just mean i need to get a 4 pin ribbon cable and i can fix it or what

B

Bronw.Wigga

Reaction score
Sin$
the firmware has to match the DVD-ROM exactly if you can find hacked firmware for SD-616 than it would work but i dont think their is any and i would try it because you might get that error 07 bull ****

Premium

Premium

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Bronw.Wigga said:
the firmware has to match the DVD-ROM exactly if you can find hacked firmware for SD-616 than it would work but i dont think their is any and i would try it because you might get that error 07 bull ****

What is the DVD Drive that is already in an Xbox because I don't know and my friend said that I should buy this New Samsung SD-616 DVD Drive for Microsoft Xbox and I am wondering if it is any different than the one that is already in the xbox....like will this one be better for modding or what?

B

Bronw.Wigga

Reaction score
Sin$
the only one that you can mod with is samsung SDG605 becuase it is the only DVD-ROM that has hacked firmware but if you have a different version of samsung you can make a backup disk and hotswap and that would let you mod old maps on xbl

B

Bronw.Wigga

Reaction score
Sin$
my bad, i didnt know but i guess samsung is the best and can someone help me out with my error 07 (HDD timeout)

K

Kowban

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nvm i have both the v1 and v2 firmware... i take it the v2 firmware is better?

B

bloodsh3d v2

Reaction score
Sin$
hey i flashed my samsung version b. drive and when i load the burnt halo 2 disc its not loading and ive tried hotswapping it and it keeps saying i failed to load the map...whats wrong?

F

ForrrestMaster

does the reader in the xbox have to be a version b or is it the dvd drive for your computer supposed to be the version b?

F

ForrrestMaster

ok mine looks exactly like yours and its a samsung but the other disk drive thats on top can it be anything

Top Bottom
Login
Register