Solved Flashing with Dell Dimension 8250

• Thread starter krspykreme2
  • Start date
  • Views 813
K

krspykreme2

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone. I've been wanting to flash my Xbox 360 for a while now, but I don't know whether my computer is suitable to flash my Xbox 360.

It's a stock "Dell Dimension 8250" running Windows XP. No hardware upgrades or anything have been made to this computer. Here's the spec. sheet, but I don't know what to look for.

Dell Dimension 8250 spec. sheet link:
Documentation

Can anyone please let me know if I am able to flash my Xbox 360 with this computer without having to buy any extra parts (like a chipset or something?) for my computer.

I have a Lite-On Xbox 360 by the way, and from reading the JungleFlasher New User Guide, it seems as though I don't need to buy anything (like a probe or CK3 thing?) for me to be able to flash my Xbox 360.

Thanks.:smile:

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
You might want to first figure out what drive you have, but your computer will not flash your 360 without a VIA SATA controller, Here's one I bought: Newegg.com - SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA / IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid - Controllers / RAID Cards You should do a little more reading on what you're doing, if you couldn't figure out that your computer can't do this I don't think your flashing experience would go very smoothly.
Actually you should learn a little more about flashing...

There are other chipsets out there that can flash 360 drives. VIA6421 is not the only chipset that can be used to flash. Best way to see if your chipset is compatible is to go ahead and try a tutorial. If its not compatible you will not be able to enter vendor mode.

Run this program to figure out what chipset you have.
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/301065647/cpuz_152_setup.exe

Here is a link to a large list of them.
Compatible Chipsets : General Flashing Support

If you do not have one of those chipsets on that list. Then you can either.
1. Try to flash anyway and see if it works.
2. Buy a VIA6421 PCI Sata card.

Top Bottom
Login
Register