Solved Flashing Phat Drive 79 - 2018

• Thread starter Dancerdudes
  • Start date
  • Views 246
D

Dancerdudes

Reaction score
hey guys,

I’m trying to flash my Hitachi 79 through a VIA Sata card.

Not working too well because of drivers.

Any recommendations on what I should be doing? My drive is not getting recognized by my PC.....

N

Newsk

Getting There
Reaction score
Doesn't work on all mother boards . May need to get a via 6421 pci card. Try all sata ports on mobo first though

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What operating system are you using?

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried in Windows XP, Windows 7, and 10.

I also tried with a VIA 6421
Ok I would try to
I tried in Windows XP, Windows 7, and 10.

I also tried with a VIA 6421
do this on windows 7 of course, never gave me any issues, however, when your pc is booting at the bios screen, tap f8 until a black screen comes up with a bunch of options, choose disable driver signature enforcement. This will ensure the port io driver can load with jungleflasher, also make sure you have the driver for your card installed as well. When trying to detect the drive , make sure your under the hitachi tab, it should register a drive letter there and you should be able to proceed.And if you dont have a ck3 or other such device to power the drive, plug drive into the console, and power it up with the sata connected to the pc side.

al
Ok I would try to

do this on windows 7 of course, never gave me any issues, however, when your pc is booting at the bios screen, tap f8 until a black screen comes up with a bunch of options, choose disable driver signature enforcement. This will ensure the port io driver can load with jungleflasher, also make sure you have the driver for your card installed as well. When trying to detect the drive , make sure your under the hitachi tab, it should register a drive letter there and you should be able to proceed.And if you dont have a ck3 or other such device to power the drive, plug drive into the console, and power it up with the sata connected to the pc side.
also this https://team-xecuter.com/images/via6421.jpg

D

Dancerdudes

Reaction score
Would I see the drive listed in My Computer? Or would it only be in the Jungle Flasher window?

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would I see the drive listed in My Computer? Or would it only be in the Jungle Flasher window?
Should just be under the hitachi tab in jungleflasher window,but it looks like it wont pop up until you insert the 79 unlock cd to the drive, windows should then open media player,you then close it, and then you select the hitachi drive under the hitachi tab, click 79 unlock,then click mode b and follow prompts, make sure your drive is connected to the port in the picture.

Top Bottom