Flashing For the 1st time.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by yhzell, Feb 4, 2010 with 7 replies and 246 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi there,
    I just bought my box a month ago and I am sure it is a Lite-On drive but am not sure which FW Revision on it. It could be 83850C or 93450C. Fortunately, it is flash with IX 1.61 firmware before (its done by a technician). Now, i would want to try flashing it myself. So my question are,
    1. Do i need to do MRA (soldering method) to retrieve dummy.bin info ?
    2. Are ix LT and ix 1.7 the same ? Should I flash the drive to ix 1.7 then load the ix lt when doing the firmware spoof ?
    3. I cant find any .bin file for ix 1.7 version in the .rar folder. I look for it at iextreme.net, the ix 1.7 apparently is LT.

Really confused here. Please shed some light, thanks in advance.

2. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There is no iX 1.7. only 1.6 atm. iX LT is supposed to operate like a OFW drive when flashed etc. Not to sure if you have to probe the board for the bin, I think all lite-on are like that, don't hold me to that not sure.

3. Chaosx721

Chaosx721 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If its been flashed before then you should be able to get the dummy.bin from Jungleflasher. Just connect your drive to your computer then start up Jungleflasher, go to the DVDKey 32 Tab and at the bottom where all the buttons are is a "Dummy from iXtreme" button. Also Check the "Dummy.bin Only" box in the top left corner. And make sure you open your tray half way. And like iGotTheSmores said there's no iXtreme 1.7 just LT.

4. OP
    yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you Chaosx721 and Chaosx721. Unfortunately, the Dummy.bin files is not save at my side and there is no way I am going to ask the technician to send it to me. From JF, I understand that you do not need to use the probe tool or soldering method to get the key if it is flashed with ixtreme 1.61 before. Just use SATA cable will suffice, right ? Ok, my PC is using a ICH9 (Intel P35) chipset motherboard and no raid driver installed, so I do not need to buy any VIA Raid PCI card right ? And one final thing, how the heck am I going to know whether I am 83850C V1 or 83850C V2 on my Lite-On drive. Thanks in advance.

5. Chaosx721

Chaosx721 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First thing to know what lite-on drive you have you have to open up your xbox which you are going to have to do anyways to flash the drive. But since its been flashed before it doesn't really matter much. And yes you will need a VIA VT6421A PCI card. Like I said in my last post, you can get the dummy.bin yourself with JF if it has been flashed with iXtreme 1.6 just reread what I posted. If there's is anything else you need to know or still confused on a few things just PM me I'll be happy to help.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    My thanks to you. So its compulsory for me to get the VIA VT6421A PCI card if I want to flash my Lite-on Drive and there is no need for me to buy the Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3 with Probe, correct ? Sorry if I annoy you, I just want to be sure.

7. Chaosx721

Chaosx721 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Don't worry about it I'm happy to help. Yes you do need the PCI card to hook up the drive to your computer. And as for the Xecuter Connectivity Kit, its nice to have for ejecting and powering the drive instead of using the xbox to but as long as its been flashed with iXtreme 1.6 you wont need it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you so much, it really clears up my confusion. :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.