What's new

Solved Flashing DVD with JRProgramer.

L

Luca24hr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was watching a MrMario video and he was saying that a flashed DVD drive needs to have the original DVD key flashed to a modded firmware. So if this is the case can you not just boot into xell to get your DVD key and flash your DVD drive from there?

LAlN

LAlN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was watching a MrMario video and he was saying that a flashed DVD drive needs to have the original DVD key flashed to a modded firmware. So if this is the case can you not just boot into xell to get your DVD key and flash your DVD drive from there?
Flashing your DVD Drive varies depending on what DVD Drive you have in your Xbox

If you have your DVD Key from Xell you can go about Flashing your DVD Drive easily depending on what tools you have and what Drive is in your Console

If it's a phat Console

1. Take off The Faceplate
2. Look at The hole on The DVD Drive

No Wires = Hitachi
Red + Black Wires = Samsung
White Wires = BenQ
Yellow Wires = Lite-On DG-16D2S

If you have one of these DVD Drives and you can plug up A SATA Cable (Preferably one longer than The one in your Xbox) from your DVD Drive 2 your PC (Using an X360USB Pro, a VIA VT6421A SATA Card, or hope that The SATA ports on your PC are compatible with Xbox DVD Drives) then you can use your Xbox 360 To Power The DVD Drive and Flash The Drive With Jungle Flasher

Look up Mr. Mario 2011's Video on Flashing All Phat Xbox 360 DVD Drives

If you have a Lite-On DG-16D2S Drive you don't need 2 Probe MPX01 as you have your DVD Key already.... Just watch his tutorial on putting it into Vendor Mode and then Flash LT+ 3.0 with your DVD Key.

If you have a Slim

DG-16D4S / DG-16D5S

The easiest way 2 do it would be 2 buy a Hitachi DL10N DVD Drive and a Hitachi DL10N Unlocked PCB.

1. Open your NAND with JRunner
2. Go To Tools > Extract Files
3. Open Jungle Flasher
4. Replace DL10N PCB With LTU2 PCB
5. Plug Your Drive In
6. Flash LTU2 V1.0 CFW 0502(For DL10N Drives) With Your DVD Key (There should be an Advanced Options.... Click That and then load The Firmware.)
7. Right Click > Click Key / C-R And Load Your Key.bin and C-R.bin you got from JRunner.
8. Flash Firmware

If you have a Hitachi DL10N Drive already in your Slim you just need The PCB

Otherwise you can't just Flash your DVD Drive from your RGH / JTAG but you can Spoof your DVD Key in your KV To another one if you have an Already Flashed Spare DVD Drive and you know that DVD Key.

Hope this helps and I wasn't 2 confusing :tongue:

L

Luca24hr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flashing your DVD Drive varies depending on what DVD Drive you have in your Xbox

If you have your DVD Key from Xell you can go about Flashing your DVD Drive easily depending on what tools you have and what Drive is in your Console

If it's a phat Console

No Wires = Hitachi
White Wires = BenQ

If you have one of these DVD Drives and you can plug up A SATA Cable (Preferably one longer than The one in your Xbox) from your DVD Drive 2 your PC (Using an X360USB Pro, a VIA VT6421A SATA Card, or hope that The SATA ports on your PC are compatible with Xbox DVD Drives) then you can use your Xbox 360 To Power The DVD Drive and Flash The Drive With Jungle Flasher

If you have a Lite-On DG-16D2S Drive you don't need 2 Probe MPX01 as you have your DVD Key already.... Just watch his tutorial on putting it into Vendor Mode and then Flash LT+ 3.0 with your DVD Key.

If you have a Slim

DG-16D4S / DG-16D5S

The easiest way 2 do it would be 2 buy a Hitachi DL10N DVD Drive and a Hitachi DL10N Unlocked PCB.

3. Open Jungle Flasher
5. Plug Your Drive In
6. Flash LTU2 V1.0 CFW 0502(For DL10N Drives) With Your DVD Key (There should be an Advanced Options.... Click That and then load The Firmware.)
7. Right Click > Click Key / C-R And Load Your Key.bin and C-R.bin you got from JRunner.
8. Flash Firmware

Otherwise you can't just Flash your DVD Drive from your RGH / JTAG but you can Spoof your DVD Key in your KV To another one if you have an Already Flashed Spare DVD Drive and you know that DVD Key.

Thank you! you explained that well I actually understood what you were going on about. I have a DG-16D2S so Ill have to wait till my jrprogramer comes so I can finaly do my RGH but thank you you explained it very well!

J

jumperz39

Reaction score

If it's a phat Console

No Wires = Hitachi
White Wires = BenQ

If you have a Slim

DG-16D4S / DG-16D5S

3. Open Jungle Flasher
5. Plug Your Drive In
8. Flash Firmware

Hi Lain, I have a DG-16D5S and an unlocked pcb for the DG-16D5S. Is the procedure the same as the DL10N as from you mentioned above? Thank you

Top Bottom