Flashing a drive with disk read errors

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by rocky11185, Dec 11, 2008 with 4 replies and 268 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky11185

rocky11185 Getting There

Ratings:
    This is kind of a noob question but I have a a 360 with a Hitachi DVD drive (not sure which one as I haven't looked at it for a while) and it has MAJOR problems reading 360 games. Reads video DVD's and original XBOX games with no problem though. If I flash the firmware or whatever on it to play unsigned 360 games, will it work better? I don't want to go through the trouble of flashing it if it's not worth the time. Sorry about the wall of text and thanks to anyone who helps me with this. I'm VERY new to flashing firmware.

2. jimlfixit

jimlfixit Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i dont think it will make a difference. if the laser lense is starting to die then you will need another one mate.

3. Mandela

Mandela Getting There

Ratings:
    See my drive started out by having the same problem and I tried everything I could to try and fix it but no matter what I tried it still ended up going out in the end and now I am having to save up and get another one.

One thing so I know if it is the same problem, do you have to open your drive and turn the disk and close it and keep repeating that before you are able to get the disk to work. If that is the case then you have the same problem I had and it went out so you know what to expect.

4. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    that should not make a difference like he said. if your laser is going bad its going bad

5. OP
    rocky11185

rocky11185 Getting There

Ratings:
    It's shot than. This thread can be closed. I got my answer. I usually have to open and close the disk tray multiple times and/or turn the console on and off repeatedly to get games to work. Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.