Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What is FlashHax
FlashHax is a sd card (requires internet on wii) less homebrew installer

How do I use FlashHax

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of the internet channel running 4.3U firmware.
  2. On the internet channel, go to flashhax.com
  3. When the page loads it should add it to your favorites. (If it doesn't do it yourself)
  4. Click the "Exploit" page label that has just been added to the Favorites menu.
  5. You should start in the HackMii installer after a few seconds.
  6. It is normal for the "Downloading payload" screen to take a few seconds (about 15).
  7. If you're stuck on a screen that says "Downloading payload", "Performing Hax", or "Everything is not ok!" hold the power button on your Wii to try again.
  8. If you want more information visit the official FlashHax thread on GBATemp
Changelog

v2.0.1:

• Fixed some formatting and fixed broken embedded payload address check.
    • Updated index.html to minified version. (This will break previous bookmarks)
v2:

• Added instructions on how to add your own boot.elf

Credits
DarkFlare (he uploaded a video for it)
Fullmetal5 (created it)

Last edited:
Amphium

Amphium

Insert Custom Title Here
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol now people with thoser wii mini things can exploit them heh

Edit: I forgot those things dont have internet. smh

Last edited:
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Izuku Midoriya Izuku Midoriya

I just loaded up my wii for the first time tonight. Back when I modded it (man...it's close to 10 years now I think), you couldn't be connected to the internet. With your way, since it seems you are on a later fw version and then connected to the internet, I'm assuming they can't detect this mod? Are there any advantages with updating the fw? I have to be on v3.x (I think 3.6, it's been YEARS since I've looked...I only loaded it up to see how SMB would play on it).

I need to go back and get some of these homebrew files and emulators updated....I probably won't though lol this was more of a experiment to see if my daughter would be into it lol The only thing she enjoyed was House of the Dead shooting zombies!!!! I actually just bought a bunch of the USB controllers to hook up to my Nvidia Shield TV and going to play the retro games through emulators on that (Probably using retroarch).

Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Izuku Midoriya Izuku Midoriya

I just loaded up my wii for the first time tonight. Back when I modded it (man...it's close to 10 years now I think), you couldn't be connected to the internet. With your way, since it seems you are on a later fw version and then connected to the internet, I'm assuming they can't detect this mod? Are there any advantages with updating the fw? I have to be on v3.x (I think 3.6, it's been YEARS since I've looked...I only loaded it up to see how SMB would play on it).

I need to go back and get some of these homebrew files and emulators updated....I probably won't though lol this was more of a experiment to see if my daughter would be into it lol The only thing she enjoyed was House of the Dead shooting zombies!!!! I actually just bought a bunch of the USB controllers to hook up to my Nvidia Shield TV and going to play the retro games through emulators on that (Probably using retroarch).
Well even if you updated i don't think anything will happen and plus if you update and do flash hacks to get homebrew and if you want i think you can downgrade back to the fw you were originally on.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well even if you updated i don't think anything will happen and plus if you update and do flash hacks to get homebrew and if you want i think you can downgrade back to the fw you were originally on.
Something I was just thinking about, if I upgrade the fw, did they do any sort of upgrades with it that allows for larger SD card storage?

Amphium

Amphium

Insert Custom Title Here
Reaction score
Sin$
Something I was just thinking about, if I upgrade the fw, did they do any sort of upgrades with it that allows for larger SD card storage?
If I recall in update 4.0 all they added was a feature to allow storing/launching of channels from the sd card. forgot about storage though.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If I recall in update 4.0 all they added was a feature to allow storing/launching of channels from the sd card. forgot about storage though.
Gotcha. Well, I'm looking into just getting a flash drive to put wbfs files on there so I won't need a bigger SD card. If I do go with a flash drive, I can put the WADs on there as well, right?

And it looks like I just need to follow this tutorial to play the games from an external device.

Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gotcha. Well, I'm looking into just getting a flash drive to put wbfs files on there so I won't need a bigger SD card. If I do go with a flash drive, I can put the WADs on there as well, right?

And it looks like I just need to follow this tutorial to play the games from an external device.
I thnk when you get wads to download it goes on your wii storage and not sd or usb

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah...there isn't any good information (that still lives) about how to go about updating your homebrew apps, ios, etc. I'm still looking around...kind of hard with a child that is nearly going to land on knives and razor blades every 2 seconds (/s) breaking my concentration.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Alrighty. I think I got everything just the way I want it :smile: I'll have to write up a little guide or something with links to working files bc this has taken me 2 whole days to really figure out and get these games to play on a USB flash drive (128gb USB3.1 - super small so the kids won't accidentally break it *knocks on wood*). Was much simpler than I thought it would be but the information is all screwy and that GBAtemp or w/e site has a whole bunch of pompous pricks that don't like to layout the full instructions (which is how xbox softmodding was until I made my tutorials). Amazing that after all these years, they couldn't write up good guides on anything.

Top Bottom
Login
Register