• Thread starter Dinkleberg
  • Start date
  • Views 356
Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg

Voted favorite member 6/19/12
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the older Dashboard, I think it's the last one or the one before that, my xbox is flashed on this dashboard. Can I play new games? Lets say a game that just came out or was leaked, for example GTA V. Could I play that on there find even though its an older dashboard? If it prompts me to update, can I do so without ruining my flash?

Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg

Voted favorite member 6/19/12
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have the bade dash? What's your dashboard number? If it's low enough you'd be better off JTAGing it.
It's not JTAGable, I already researched that or else I would :tongue: I think its called the NXE dash or something like that, only the first version of it (before it was all white)

Pedophile

Pedophile

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not JTAGable, I already researched that or else I would :tongue: I think its called the NXE dash or something like that, only the first version of it (before it was all white)
Well, I'm not sure if you can play games or not. Games have the latest dash on the disc, so a retail disc would try to update your Xbox. I know you can remove that for a JTAG/RGH and still play it fine, but I'm not sure if you can on a flashed Xbox. As far as actually updating it goes, I do believe it'll reflash your Xbox to stock firmware if you update it, but I'm not 100% sure. You could RGH it, and that would give you the same capabilities of a JTAG, but you might get bad boot times with that. If you do update it you can reflash it though.

Tom Joad

juggalo770

White Whale, Holy Grail
Grammar Nazi Experienced Veteran Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
No. You would have to update it; and before you update it, make sure you revert back to OFW then back to CFW afterwards. You'd be better off just doing RGH probably, though.

Top Bottom
Login
Register