What's new

Solved Flashed Xbox not flashed?

• Thread starter scarhextendedma
  • Start date
  • Views 665
S

scarhextendedma

Reaction score
So I have flashed a lot of Philips lite-on's recently (all DG-16D2S's) and I was just flashing another one earlier and I came out of the process quite confident, put it all back together (guess I should have tested it first <_< ) and the weird thing is, it plays normal games, but not burnt ones? It just says 'Open Tray' after attempting to read a burnt game a few times.
Anyone know what's going on?
Thanks in advance for any help :smile:

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Are the games burned correctly? Have they worked on any other flashed drives?

Mafia0G

Mafia0G

Or Nah
Mythical Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Put the Original firmware back on the drive then try to flash the drive again

Futile

Futile

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Did you remember to unhook the laser ribbon before flashing? This happened to mine before it would read normally discs but not burned ones :/.

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
it can also be a weak laser as burnt discs are not as reflective as retail pressed discs.

S

scarhextendedma

Reaction score
Are the games burned correctly? Have they worked on any other flashed drives?
Yes, it was Call of Duty 4 and it works fine on my flashed lite-on (The one I am trying to flash is my friends).
Put the Original firmware back on the drive then try to flash the drive again
I tried re-flashing without first putting the original FW back on - but would not missing that step made much of a difference?
Did you remember to unhook the laser ribbon before flashing? This happened to mine before it would read normally discs but not burned ones :/.
I have never unhooked the laser ribbon whilst flashing before... But I will unplug it, and re-flash.
it can also be a weak laser as burnt discs are not as reflective as retail pressed discs.
Not sure, it works fine on other consoles but I guess all drives are different. I will try out all the other suggestions.

Ok, I just re-flashed it for a third time and did all the things suggested.
1) First flashed OFW back to the drive, then flashed it again with LT+1.91
2) Made sure I had the laser ribbon disconnected
3) Tried it with several other disks.

Any ideas....?

RaveThat Turtle

RaveThat Turtle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sounds like a bad laser to me :huh:

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
Yes, it was Call of Duty 4 and it works fine on my flashed lite-on (The one I am trying to flash is my friends).

I tried re-flashing without first putting the original FW back on - but would not missing that step made much of a difference?

I have never unhooked the laser ribbon whilst flashing before... But I will unplug it, and re-flash.

Not sure, it works fine on other consoles but I guess all drives are different. I will try out all the other suggestions.

Ok, I just re-flashed it for a third time and did all the things suggested.
1) First flashed OFW back to the drive, then flashed it again with LT+1.91
2) Made sure I had the laser ribbon disconnected
3) Tried it with several other disks.

Any ideas....?

i would work on other consoles if they have good lasers, pot tweak it and if it works that's your problem

S

scarhextendedma

Reaction score
i would work on other consoles if they have good lasers, pot tweak it and if it works that's your problem
How to do you mean? Why would it read normal discs and not burnt ones if the laser was bad? Should I tweak it to be more or less powerful?

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
How to do you mean? Why would it read normal discs and not burnt ones if the laser was bad? Should I tweak it to be more or less powerful?

pressed games (retail) are easier to read as they are more reflective than burned games therefor a weak laser my be able to read pressed games but not burned games because of this, also there is a tut for pot tweaking on here, i will see if i can find it and edit this post.

EDIT: Pot tweak tut

S

scarhextendedma

Reaction score
pressed games (retail) are easier to read as they are more reflective than burned games therefor a weak laser my be able to read pressed games but not burned games because of this, also there is a tut for pot tweaking on here, i will see if i can find it and edit this post.

EDIT: Pot tweak tut
Thanks man :smile: It worked great! +rep

Top Bottom