What's new

Solved Flashed Hitachi.. Games not working AT ALL!!

• Thread starter pucktoplay1
  • Start date
  • Views 1,318
P

pucktoplay1

Reaction score
Sin$
I have recently flashed my hitachi drive and was relieved after doing so because i thought that would be the hardest part. Now i have been trying for three days to get a working game burnt. I have gone through a 10 pack of discs already and am really getting annoyed. I have heard that you MUST use verbatim discs but i have gone through a 10 pack of Memorex DL's and am halfway through a Sony 10 pack of DL's. I put them in the xbox after hoping that it will work and then it reads for a couple seconds and then says "Open Tray". If anyone can help me please I would really appreciate it. I am using mac OSX and PC used a number of programs and apps on both platforms. all of my games ARE stealth patched with abgx. Thanks.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Do retail games work?

Did you check to make sure you plugged the drive in?

Are you burning the .dvd file or the .iso?

Your drive may just be picky and you will need to use verbatims.

P

pucktoplay1

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Do retail games work?

Did you check to make sure you plugged the drive in?

Are you burning the .dvd file or the .iso?

Your drive may just be picky and you will need to use verbatims.

Yah retail games work fine.
yes the drive is plugged in..
i have tried both the .iso and the .dvd file as PC requires .dvd and mac only allows the .iso

P

pucktoplay1

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Do the burned games play the put this into a xbox 360 to play video?

im pretty sure its flashed properly, and yes all of them say put this disc into a 360 console on the computer dvd player. but do nothing when put into the xbox.

and yes ive set the layerbreak.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That means you need to buy verbatims. Your 360 obviously doesn't like the brand. Hitachi's are picky in my experience.

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
pucktoplay1 said:
I have recently flashed my hitachi drive and was relieved after doing so because i thought that would be the hardest part. Now i have been trying for three days to get a working game burnt. I have gone through a 10 pack of discs already and am really getting annoyed. I have heard that you MUST use verbatim discs but i have gone through a 10 pack of Memorex DL's and am halfway through a Sony 10 pack of DL's. I put them in the xbox after hoping that it will work and then it reads for a couple seconds and then says "Open Tray". If anyone can help me please I would really appreciate it. I am using mac OSX and PC used a number of programs and apps on both platforms. all of my games ARE stealth patched with abgx. Thanks.
Hitachi's read NOTHING but Verbatims. Theres your problem.

P

pucktoplay1

Reaction score
Sin$
ok well i got the verbatims and the first one that i burned did not work. any tips please. im really getting pissed now.

P

pucktoplay1

Reaction score
Sin$
i have reflashed 3 times already. this is my 3rd flash

i am using jungle flasher and flashing with 1.51

also, when i flash ixtreme, do i need to select "Ram upload" or "Mode Select" ?

I followed the whole 1.6 manual word to word and everything went smoothly i dont know why this is not working.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Read the firmware off the drive and make sure it is actually a modded file.

If it is. Then you are messing up somewhere in the burning process.

Top Bottom
Login
Register