Flash Help?

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by David5534, Nov 7, 2008 with 9 replies and 214 views.

1. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Does anyone know how to play a flash movies from the internet in C#? I can play local movies/games fine.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You just put a shockwave flash control on your form and set it's movie property = to the url to the swf file. If you don't know the url to swf itself, goto a page that has one on it, and in firefox hit tools>page info>media, and find the swf/flv in there. (doesn't work for youtube, those are flv's)

Take a look at this for flv's
    [Click here to view the link]

3. OP
    David5534

Ratings:
    I tried that, i take the direct URL of the .swf file and put it in but it says it cant be loaded.

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You sure you're using the right control?
    By default the name should be AxShockwaveFlash1, but when you're looking through the list of COM components it should be named Shockwave Flash Object. The actual file itself is flash.ocx, so if you don't see it on the list search it, and then goto the list of COM components and navigate to it.

5. OP
    David5534

Ratings:
    Yes i have the right control but it doesn't want to load anything from the net for some reason.

6. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Try just setting the movie property in the properties panel, rather than programmatically maybe.

7. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    Have you tried it in Visual Basic also to see if that works?

8. OP
    David5534

Ratings:
    I don't have VB, i did a long time ago but not any more.

9. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    If it doesn't make a button that says "Force Load". And put this for the code
    Code:
    ShockwaveFlash1.Playing == true

10. OP
    David5534

Ratings:
    Thanks but i found out its a problem with my desktop, for some odd reason it will not work on my desktop but any other comp its fine...