.:Flash Game Design:.

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Kira, Jan 5, 2009 with 10 replies and 136 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kira

Kira Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I have been wanting to make a flash game for about 3 years now, but I have never had the time. Now that I finally have the time, I was wondering what program I would need, and what computer language I will need to learn. If someone can help me out with the language, I will go out and buy the program. I already have a few ideas for games, but I want to make those ideas into an actual item. Can someone please help me? I am sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else it would go. Thanks goes to everyone that helps me out. =D

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You want to make a flash game? You use [Click here to view the link] You learn actionscript. You'll probably wanna use photoshop to make the graphics, unless you wanna use stick figures and basic geometric shapes, then you could make all the graphics right in flash. Trust me making games isn't simple, you need to start out small with animations with little to no user interaction before you can make a full game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Kira

Kira Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    It won't let me download. It keeps saying clear my cookies, but when I do that, I get the same error. Thanks anyways.

4. confused5

confused5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I would also recommend Java for 2D flash games, as it is designed to be run over the web

5. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You can't make flash games with java, you make java applets/games. There's a difference. <_<

6. confused5

confused5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well you can combine them, but if he's just making a simple game then its probably not worth it

7. OP
    Kira

Kira Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yes, I would just be making a simple game. Can you make a game with java, or do you need Adobe?

8. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You can make games with java too, flash would probably be easier for making a simple game, but don't think you'll be able to make a simple little game right off the bat. Copying code from a website doesn't help you to learn how to use flas itself.

9. OP
    Kira

Kira Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yah, I know. Can someone tell me the Java program that I can use? I can learn the coding language myself.

10. confused5

confused5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link] - will teach you Java and how to set up the SDK. I would use JGrasp instead of Netbeans for an IDE when you're starting out

11. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Or be like me and use notepad as your IDE :thumbup:

(that was a joke in case you didn't get it, but I do use notepad if I wanna write something quick)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.