What's new

Solved Fix Hard Drive

H

H0r0k0

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I have some questions for you guys...I bought a 60GB xbox hard drive awhile back and screwed it up by plugging it into the transfer cable then formatting it so it only had 16 GB then I did the Western Digital Mod so I used one of my other HDD now. But im wondering how I can fix my 60GB HDD to work again. Is there anyway to fix it? Its Fujitsu. It has no case because Im using the case for my 120GB HDD

x360xLuke

x360xLuke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I have some questions for you guys...I bought a 60GB xbox hard drive awhile back and screwed it up by plugging it into the transfer cable then formatting it so it only had 16 GB then I did the Western Digital Mod so I used one of my other HDD now. But im wondering how I can fix my 60GB HDD to work again. Is there anyway to fix it? Its Fujitsu. It has no case because Im using the case for my 120GB HDD

Does the drive still show up on the xbox? If yes format it there and you should be good to go.

H

H0r0k0

Reaction score
Sin$
No it doesnt show up anymore... And its completely erased right now so i need to know how to format it back to xbox or how to use it as a 60GB external HDD and make it internaly in my xbox

x360xLuke

x360xLuke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No it doesnt show up anymore... And its completely erased right now so i need to know how to format it back to xbox or how to use it as a 60GB external HDD and make it internaly in my xbox

I don't think you can get it to work with your xbox as an xbox hard drive once you format it on a computer. You can format it to fat32 on your computer and use it as an internal hard drive.....

H

H0r0k0

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think you can get it to work with your xbox as an xbox hard drive once you format it on a computer. You can format it to fat32 on your computer and use it as an internal hard drive.....

If I format it to fat32 I can use it as an internal on my xbox?? Cuz thats what I want

Y

YouJustReadThis

Professional Teabagger
Reaction score
Sin$
i had the same exact problem a couple of months ago, i swear i spent like a whole week looking for the answer and trying to fix. Ill save you all that time, this is completely the only way, IT IS NOT FIXABLE, FAT32 cannot be transferred to FatX which is required by the Xbox, Microsoft if you call them however will offer you a replacement, i spent SOOO much time on this, i mean SOOO, your lucky i already did lol, that is seriously the only answer

x360xLuke

x360xLuke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I format it to fat32 I can use it as an internal on my xbox?? Cuz thats what I want

Yes, once Fat32 you can use it as internal, but it won't show up until you launch XexMenu or Freestyle, so you'll have to have another way to launch Xexmenu, like a memory card or USB device.

H

H0r0k0

Reaction score
Sin$
Well i dont want it to be a xbox hdd i want it to act like a external hdd so i can put music and movies on it but instead of being external i want to internalize it but idk how to wire it. Plus i need to be able to use both the internalized one and the normal xbox hdd at the same time.. Do you get my idea?

Top Bottom
Login
Register