Fix Gamertags that you cannot get Host on

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Aich, Jan 23, 2009 with 7 replies and 590 views.

1. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    Need some other people to confirm this also, but worked for me.

Requires that you have downloaded the new maps/gow2 content with a xbox that you do not have anymore prior to getting the new one and recovering the GT.

I got a new xbox which I had a GT already(My Rank 5 Star acct) and the maps installed on which was the only one I could get host with. I had created two others after the new xbox.

These two other acct, i could not get host no matter what, but i could switch to first acct and bridge fine.

EXtra: I was also getting the errors, ?Int?Errors.ConnectionLost? when on the two new acct when trying to use the new maps, flashback and bustables.

To fix the above error, log into xbox.com with the GT that is associated with the first purchase of the maps, I.E. GT you first played GoW2 with and inserted the codes for, and click on > Support Menu option
    then > License Transfer.

Follow the instructions, its two clicks of a button, real simple.
    It will direct you when you are done to redownload the content on your new xbox(which takes 1 sec fopr the maps, prolly just updates something).

This fixes the above error AND also for me fixed my issue of my new GT not getting host.

I succeded in pissing off 4 games of people, and played my first wingman on this new account, winning with 20 points, 14 kills and 4 deaths, leaving me with a 3.5 k/d.

Should get my second star soon.

Please confirm if this helps anyone on getting host on new accounts.

UPDATE: Just tested both of my accounts that I could not get host with, I now can.

P.S Also may of found a way to get host by your self. More latter still in beta.

2. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    has any one else tried this method yet,
    i mainly use the lag switch i used to get host all the time but for some reason i cant any longer.
    but if i bridge i can get host again every time dont know if theyve added some fix for lag switch's il try this method out and post my findings

3. OP
    Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    This is just for people who have different GT that cant get host on but can on another, like me. (Or did, this fixed it)

If you haven't gotten a new xbox then this might not work for you.

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Hmm, if this works, would you like me to edit this for you so it is Google friendly? Make it look like more of a tutorial?

5. OP
    Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
  6. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Ok, can you just PM me links of screenshots that you take while doing it? and then I'll go ahead and set it up for you

7. OP
    Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    I can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Ok, I'll be awaiting those links so I can set up a tutorial for you