What's new

Discussion First Thoughts after playing...

Does it life up to the hype?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Over rated

• It wasnt anything special

• Total voters
Hovi

Hovi

Aaron is forever my *****
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I got mine at midnight and played the campaign till about 3, and I honestly thought it amazing so far. Everything about it is incredible. I managed to get some multiplayer time in there also, it seems pretty good too. Its gunna take some getting used to but im pumped to play more. Just lemme know what you guys think..overhyped/rated, or instant hit?

N

Nomadic Dagger

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the game is an instant hit, but partially overrated. Don't get me wrong, the campaign is great, but they are becoming exact copies of each other. Also, some things in the MP are really far-fetched with all the attachments, perks and whatnot. But overall, good game. :thumbup:

vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the MP is good. But that Spec Ops is booooring.

JZ nology

JZ nology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
CWiggins007 said:
I think the game is an instant hit, but partially overrated. Don't get me wrong, the campaign is great, but they are becoming exact copies of each other. Also, some things in the MP are really far-fetched with all the attachments, perks and whatnot. But overall, good game. :thumbup:

Well, im not flaring, but honestly if you want to think of some stuff as being far fetched thats fine. But, seriously thats where the creativity of a game comes in. But I will agree that the game is great. Not over hyped to me as far as from infinity ward goes. Some people yeah, they overhyped it, but for me, it was amazing as far as all the detail and work put into this game. No really extreme glitching or complaints.

J

Jasper QST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
let me start out by saying that i was crucified earlier in the week for calling this game over the top, super unrealistic, and extremely unbelievable; and that was just from the previews/teasers!!!! and, for the most part, all of you (mostly) laughed in my face... and here is where i say to you... I TOLD YOU SO !!!!

extremely overrated. still good. still fun. but not even close to being as good as the previous 2 COD's (MW and WaW)... be honest with your reviews/posts. all this hype pre-release and now that it is finally here, all i read is mediocre reviews, at best.

played last night for about 2 hours. campaign is awesome. multiplayer is different. a lot of new changes as far as HUD goes; lots of ribbons and awards and challenges popping up all over the place, make sit pretty distracting and takes away from the actual experience a bit (as far as just having a normal HUD with ammo/map/compass) and awarding you with your challenges/perks quickly in game...

by far the strangest and most annoying change is the blood splatter onto the screen when you take damage/get hit... a close second are the "money shots" where cash actually flies out of/off of the enemy when you kill them in MP ---> just seems super arcade-ey...

the maps are cool, but different. almost every map has gone vertical; which changes the gameplay drastically. just going to have to take some getting used to, that's all. tons of ladders and ledges and things to climb. it is occasionally tough differentiating between friendlies and enemies, depending on your spawn; SpecOps/Rangers/Russians/Terrorizers etc. etc...

the campaign can be described in one word: rushed... it is super fast paced, and IMO, tough to follow along plot lines... between flipping back and forth between characters, the alternating plot twists, and flashing backwards and forwards between levels, it is hard to figure out what you just did that is/was the actual mission (besides sprinting here, destroying that, and defending this). it is overwhelming, and quit honestly, sh*tty ...

it is like a mixed distortion between Call of Duty, Rainbow Six Vegas, Killzone, and Resistance FOM... overall its just another great COD gaming experience, but, IMO isn't perfect or even close to it. the customization (for me at least) makes it more annoying than helpful, and i will NEVER get used to the "perks 2.0" or Deathstreaks, EVER.

(i'm not attempting to bash this game repeatedly, even though that is how it is coming off; i just expected a golden egg and it's more like an unpolished brass ball bearing)

the one thing i am looking forward to are the 30+ SpecOps Missions that can be played alone, co-op, or with friends... some of these are difficult and awesome at the same time!

see you guys online answering the call. its going to be a lotta' fun.

---> Jasper QST gives it an 8.5/10

SKeTcHiESK8eR

SKeTcHiESK8eR

D2Vital
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Even know the MP is a lot like CoD4, I can see myself playing just as much as CoD4 Release. :thumbup:

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I thought the story line was complete bull and too short.. I find every little b*tch on MP camps with that annoying MP5 thingy gun.
Pfft, taking it back tomorrow.

J

Jasper QST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the campaign is wayyy short and just plain weird... i am actually enjoying the fact that this game is not even close to what people expected it to be or that it won't even come close to living up to the hype surrounding it...

not to mention the fact that THERE ARE NOT EVEN IN GAME PARTIES anymore... <--- who takes away one of the few good aspects from COD4...?

sorry to be that guyyyy, but this is payback for all you COD WaW haters claiming it was awful and how "infinitely better" MW2 will be ... be careful what you wish for guys and girls, it might not always be what you expected!? it feels good to be a bad guy for once, negativity rules. hating on stuff is fuuuuun :thumbup:... see you guys back online in COD4 & World at War.

i will give them credit with the new Host Transfer though. it does work well.

bring on Treyarch and COD: Vietnam !!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

SKeTcHiESK8eR

SKeTcHiESK8eR

D2Vital
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
not to mention the fact that THERE ARE NOT EVEN IN GAME PARTIES anymore... <--- who takes away one of the few good aspects from COD4...?

Dont blame IW for the new party system, M$ is doing this for newer games to try and prevent cheating. So you'll be seeing this more often in upcoming releases.

J

Jasper QST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SKeTcHiESK8eR said:
Dont blame IW for the new party system, M$ is doing this for newer games to try and prevent cheating. So you'll be seeing this more often in upcoming releases.

it still comes down to IW and what they wanted for their title... either way, it is stupid. i don't care how or why people get their gold crosses, or if they boosted, or if they cheated etc. etc. etc. i'm not one to Prestige so that kind of sh*t never really bothered me. if it makes people feel better about themselves for being a level 55 or 75 or what-the-f*ck-ever, then so be it...

boosting is for people who just can't cut it themseleves; and that goes for everything in life. they are the same people who cheat on tests, rat out their friends to save themselves, cry wolf, and/or talk sh*t to make them feel better... they are the ones who always eat the last slice of pizza even though they didn't pay for it. the same people that park sideways and take up 2 spaces. etc. etc. etc.

half the people i play against that are gold crosses suck, and i can clearly tell they boosted to get their "achievements" (if you can even call em' that, considering they didn't achieve anything, except being good at boosting/cheating).

all in all, i'd rather have parties. people are going to find ways to cheat one way or another.

JZ nology

JZ nology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jasper QST said:
let me start out by saying that i was crucified earlier in the week for calling this game over the top, super unrealistic, and extremely unbelievable; and that was just from the previews/teasers!!!! and, for the most part, all of you (mostly) laughed in my face... and here is where i say to you... I TOLD YOU SO !!!!

extremely overrated. still good. still fun. but not even close to being as good as the previous 2 COD's (MW and WaW)... be honest with your reviews/posts. all this hype pre-release and now that it is finally here, all i read is mediocre reviews, at best.

played last night for about 2 hours. campaign is awesome. multiplayer is different. a lot of new changes as far as HUD goes; lots of ribbons and awards and challenges popping up all over the place, make sit pretty distracting and takes away from the actual experience a bit (as far as just having a normal HUD with ammo/map/compass) and awarding you with your challenges/perks quickly in game...

by far the strangest and most annoying change is the blood splatter onto the screen when you take damage/get hit... a close second are the "money shots" where cash actually flies out of/off of the enemy when you kill them in MP ---> just seems super arcade-ey...

the maps are cool, but different. almost every map has gone vertical; which changes the gameplay drastically. just going to have to take some getting used to, that's all. tons of ladders and ledges and things to climb. it is occasionally tough differentiating between friendlies and enemies, depending on your spawn; SpecOps/Rangers/Russians/Terrorizers etc. etc...

the campaign can be described in one word: rushed... it is super fast paced, and IMO, tough to follow along plot lines... between flipping back and forth between characters, the alternating plot twists, and flashing backwards and forwards between levels, it is hard to figure out what you just did that is/was the actual mission (besides sprinting here, destroying that, and defending this). it is overwhelming, and quit honestly, sh*tty ...

it is like a mixed distortion between Call of Duty, Rainbow Six Vegas, Killzone, and Resistance FOM... overall its just another great COD gaming experience, but, IMO isn't perfect or even close to it. the customization (for me at least) makes it more annoying than helpful, and i will NEVER get used to the "perks 2.0" or Deathstreaks, EVER.

(i'm not attempting to bash this game repeatedly, even though that is how it is coming off; i just expected a golden egg and it's more like an unpolished brass ball bearing)

the one thing i am looking forward to are the 30+ SpecOps Missions that can be played alone, co-op, or with friends... some of these are difficult and awesome at the same time!

see you guys online answering the call. its going to be a lotta' fun.

---> Jasper QST gives it an 8.5/10

Well its your perspective and when people go all negetive nancy on things usually thats how it turns out. And just for being all in your face with that little rant up top, WAW wasn't any of those? you just contridicted yourself in the same thread. My personal perspective on WAW= 8=====D

|337 K|D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I play nothing but hardcore, but in every game i went into they were camping and using tubes and ****...It was kinda gay until i got a m4 with bling and started scraping kids.

Hovi

Hovi

Aaron is forever my *****
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Diggy502 said:
I play nothing but hardcore, but in every game i went into they were camping and using tubes and ****...It was kinda gay until i got a m4 with bling and started scraping kids.
Ya I picked that off of some guys dead body. It was pretty sick

WishMaster

WishMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got to play the game for 10 mintues on MP only since my brother was eating so he let me play while he narfed on his dinner. I have to say, it really is good much more realistic ex: Your char now moves when it is being hit just like GoW2, like when you snipe in scope mode your scope moves ALOT when you get hit.

So i do like it but in my opinion they added a bit more like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and a bit of Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfighter, then again it is my opinion.

--- Edit:
Also the maps, it is something they have at least granted for me, a bit bigger, more open land than buildings, unlike COD4 it had more buildings than land.
And also the new blood splatter on your screen is pretty cool in my opinion, i personally did not like the old way that much. ---

I really love the modified perk system and also the customizable kill streak, it really is new and creative. But in fact the downside of this game is, it seems too fast in MP, i remember how i played WaW and it also seemed a little too fast, you just spawn and at the same second you get killed, thou i am glad they added in *Death Streak* perks to prevent campers from spawn killing so that supports the downside of the game.

Also, is it me? Or does anyone else see "SCAR-H" as the next "MP40" whoring weapon? (Like MP40 was overly used on CoD WaW). Because, hell 95% of the player i played on the 10 minutes i was granted, many of the players had SCAR-H and let me tell you it was annoying.

I personally give this game 9/10. Have not played campaign yet, but by the reviews here in S7 and other websites as well from my brother, it seems promising.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
All I can say is... CAMPERS!!!! Every game I was in had camper in every corner!! WtF?!?! I want no clip so I can go in the wall behind them and **** their **** up!

K

kanooke

Reaction score
Sin$
So far I'm liking it.

Although the snowmobile race in Special Ops really p'd me off

A

Anouthen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome. I thought it was going to be over-rated but, the MP is awesome. I only got to play one map on Underpass but it was great. Spec-ops is also pretty fun. I can't wait to get the title once my 360 is back from MS

WishMaster

WishMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anouthen said:
Awesome. I thought it was going to be over-rated but, the MP is awesome. I only got to play one map on Underpass but it was great. Spec-ops is also pretty fun. I can't wait to get the title once my 360 is back from MS

Want to know why the Xbox 360 has so many Problems? Because M$ made the console connectible through Media Center with Windows Vista, therefore the console gets infected with Vista's problems.

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I got the game at midnight as well. w00t! But after playing the game for a few hours, I already had a few annoyances. First off, the Xbox Live party rule that they have added to several game playlists was a terrible idea. Sure, it may stop people from cheating, but it bugs the hell out of me when I want to talk to multiple people at once, who by the way aren't even in my game, and I can't. I think the party decision was stupid.

Secondly, the new "blood" on the screen annoys me as well. I would definitely want it to be switched back to the old style COD4 blood, or whatever you want to call it. It becomes very distracting and hard to see with blood drops on my screen. When I am being shot at, I want to go and find cover, but unfortunately the blood drops make it even more difficult.

Lastly, the amount of Killstreaks/deathstreaks/challenges/etc. is ridiculous. In my opinion, they added way too many unlockable items in this game. It gives the new players far too much help, and everyone has begun to rely on their perks, killstreaks, deathstreaks, and so on. To be honest, they overloaded the game with all of these streaks and challenges. I still think COD4 MP is the best.

Of course, these are all things that annoyed me in the Multiplayer, I haven't even played the campaign yet. Sure, there may be some issues here and there, but every game isn't perfect. MW2 is still fun to play, and I'm trying to rank up as quickly as possible this time.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
to much media and advertisement hype
its good and i love it but it doesnt meet the standards they portrayed
i recommend it to anyone who hasnt played it yet

Top Bottom
Login
Register