What's new

Discussion First Build

TyLerrrr

TyLerrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For Christmas I plan on building my first computer, I've been looking into it for a few months and now it's almost time to start planning on what to buy. I plan on using the computer for gaming, so I'd like to get a pretty good Graphics Card and CPU. For my CPU I'd like to get something Intel. I'll probably get a 1TB Hard Drive, and I'm still unsure about how much RAM. How big of a difference would it be between 8GB and 16GB? Also I'm still unsure on a motherboard and what kind of power supply to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, here is a link to the case that I'm looking at. Link

My budget is around $500-$550

noitareneG

noitareneG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would highly suggest against that case and Raidmax as a whole.

No cable-management, no air-flow, no ability to add more air flow, stock fan is presumable loud and blows little to no air, and the overall construction is generally poor. Plus, those non sleeved front panel ribbon style cables are a turn off.

An Antec One / HAF 912 / Zalman Z9 / Bitfenix Shinobi are all better cases and just so happen to be in the same price range.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
TyLerrrr

TyLerrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would highly suggest against that case and Raidmax as a whole.

No cable-management, no air-flow, no ability to add more air flow, stock fan is presumable loud and blows little to no air, and the overall construction is generally poor. Plus, those non sleeved front panel ribbon style cables are a turn off.

An Antec One / HAF 912 / Zalman Z9 / Bitfenix Shinobi are all better cases and just so happen to be in the same price range.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into those cases.

Intel is a definite for gaming, so stick with that. As for RAM, you won't use more than 8GB in most applications (gaming, general computer work, occasional rendering) so it's best to go with a 2x4GB kit. Here's what I made for you:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15305289

Unfortunately couldn't get a 1TB HDD as they were too expensive.

Thank you, that looks like a great build for what I plan on doing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register