• Bad (reply why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To Dah Window

To Dah Window

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I've made a thread in the Computer Build Support a bit back, and with the help of Chazay, Sanctorum, Selena Gomez, and Monopolyman, I've decided and purchased most of the build.

This is going to be my first actual build that I'll remember, my actual first was mostly my grandfather doing the work and me just watching. That computer is olddd.

Build:
Monitor (eventually will end up with two of these): Viewsonic 24" Widescreen
GPU: Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9 280 3GB
CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0GHz (apparently says able to overclock to 5.0GHz, which I am not set up for..)
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM:
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (planned on going 2000+, but board maxes at 1866)
Motherboard: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 (Got a deal at microcenter when purchasing the CPU, $50 off a motherboard or the cpu itself)
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower
Power Supply: Rosewill Modular 750W Gold Rated
Harddrive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue
SSD: None atm, might rip the one out of my "garbage" alienware laptop which is 64GB

Some pictures, if any. Will update possibly as I build.
8Y3GFvW.jpg

TgoKelT.jpg

Now the start of the build itself:
Very Start
rRQrhHm.jpg

Power supply in
byEl0cM.jpg

Mobo installed
slD1s3L.jpg

Installed harddrive, wired
4186epR.jpg

Finished product, without the glass side on (Will do after heatsink & GPU is installed)
XIrps5G.jpg

Hows the wiring job? My first one, and ran what I could through the other side behind that panel, and used zipties where needed (eg; the exhaust or rear fan)

Am I going to overclock?
-Possibly, depending on if it's not fast enough :wink:.

What are you going to use this for?

-Livestreaming
-Rendering (nothing major)
-Photo Editing (nothing major)
-Gaming (Minecraft, Garrys Mod, BeamNG.drive, CS:GO, etc)
-Browsing

Why Windows 7?
-I just am overall comfortable with it, know it really well, know how to take advantage of it, etc. Most games aren't made for Windows 8 yet, so there's a possibility I'll swap over.

Last edited:
Aeon 7S

Aeon 7S

Ruby
Seasoned Veteran Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like a good build, I know someone who has got an 8350 to 5ghz stable. I hope to get my 9590 up to 5.1ghz stable. :

To Dah Window

To Dah Window

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hows the wiring job? My first one, and ran what I could through the other side behind that panel, and used zipties where needed (eg; the exhaust or rear fan)

Top Bottom
Login
Register