• Thread starter Movedfall890
  • Start date
  • Views 347
Movedfall890

Movedfall890

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I have read the guidelines and the guide for building, I didn't watch the videos though. I know absolutely nothing about building a computer, or even the mechanics behind the individual parts. I think you understand something better if you know why it does what it does. Not just that gpu gives more fps. Before I get into asking for my build, I'm a type of guy that plays on 5 to 7 graphics, scale goes to 1-10. I just want something that has a better then average fps. But, also doesn't overheat. I'm currently using a laptop, 12fps on wow, when I play minecraft it overheats and shuts off. Have cleaned it before.
1. 800$ max, ideal 500-600, doesn't include peripherals.

2. I'm looking for a computer for gaming mostly, streaming would be cool, but that's 2nd in priority. I do also listen to music in the background, use the Web sometimes, the genres are usually open world games, ark evolved, minecraft, wow, runescape, dayz are just examples of my interest.
3. Plan to buy them in at the most, 2 months. My ideal time is a month or sooner.
4. No preference for cpu, atx size motherboard,8gb ram 2 4gb sticks,nVidia preferred because of power consumption.
5. Colors doesn't matter.
6. 1, 2 in the future hopefully. But, just worry about 1.
7. I just need help on a monitor. Walmart keyboard and mouse and speakers can be dealt with until I can afford to blow money on thoses.
8 wifi capabilities, router Is in the next room, would like a hdmi and ethernet port, 2-3 usb ports. I need a suggestion on a box size, and just need help in general. Pm if you are willing to answer questions, I cannot find objectively from google. (All in good time though)
9. I am building it myself, if it isn't to complicated. I have a brain, good with electricity, and generally savvy with mechanics.

Thank you guys for the help, there's no need to reply as fast as possible. Just whenever you guys have time, thanks again :smile:.

Last edited:
Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYLXxr
380 is just your best option GPU and power consumption isn't an issue with it. XFire support, so you can easily add a 2nd 380 if you feel you need more power. Nice case, nice PSU, nice SSD for OS and a few games/apps. About $80 of your max budget left, you could use that to grab an i5-6500 instead of the i3, or maybe put some/all of that money towards a cooler for overclocking the CPU. You could make the rig cheaper if you really want. Are you needing a monitor? If so, what is your budget for monitor(and keyboard/mouse)? A little confused by your post since you said you don't need peripherals included in the budget, but then mention that you need help choosing peripherals?

Wi-fi/ethernet? You said both, but you're not going to use both at the same time? Your router being in a different room isn't an issue, you can still easily use a wired connection, which is better. Otherwise you can pick up a cheap PCIe wireless card.

Movedfall890

Movedfall890

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYLXxr
380 is just your best option GPU and power consumption isn't an issue with it. XFire support, so you can easily add a 2nd 380 if you feel you need more power. Nice case, nice PSU, nice SSD for OS and a few games/apps. About $80 of your max budget left, you could use that to grab an i5-6500 instead of the i3, or maybe put some/all of that money towards a cooler for overclocking the CPU. You could make the rig cheaper if you really want. Are you needing a monitor? If so, what is your budget for monitor(and keyboard/mouse)? A little confused by your post since you said you don't need peripherals included in the budget, but then mention that you need help choosing peripherals?

Wi-fi/ethernet? You said both, but you're not going to use both at the same time? Your router being in a different room isn't an issue, you can still easily use a wired connection, which is better. Otherwise you can pick up a cheap PCIe wireless card.
I apologize, I word things differently then most. I need help choosing peripherals. But, I wasn't including it in the budget. The budget was only for the build. 200 usd for peripherals budget. This build is really only for a year at most. So if it could be cheaper thst would be better. And, yes I would like ethernet and wifi capabilities. I won't be using them at the same time. But it's for future use, incase my brother (house owner) would allow me to run a cable. Thank you for the build. I'm gonna look up information later tonight.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dpkZt6
Nice mouse, nice mech keyboard, nice ultrawide monitor(if that's your thing), XFire support so you can easily add a 2nd 380 at any point. SSD for OS, nice lil case, and you can add a nice cooler at any point to OC that i3.

Top Bottom
Login
Register