Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T Sizzles

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
So when I got FiOS installed 3 weeks ago, I was on the 93.xx.xx.xx IP block. We lost power for no reason, and when I got home from school the ONT was running on the BBU. I left for work and have no idea how long the power was out, but when I got home and ran a speedtest (since things were being laggy as hell) I saw I was on the 173.xx.xx.xx IP block. My first speedtest ran 20110/4894 (have 20/5 plan), but as of late some webpages have been slow to load and I've been getting around 13000 for download, still same speeds for upload.

Anyone else with FiOS having trouble with the 173 IP block?

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Call Verizon. Only other person on here that I know of that has FiOS is Gamby. It'll probably just be more constructive to call them and tell them whats up.

1qaz2wsx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have fios to. For some reason when you first get FIOS your speeds are slower than normal. But after a while it goes to where it should be. Some times the fios white box has to be reset when there is a loss of power.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
T Sizzles said:
So when I got FiOS installed 3 weeks ago, I was on the 93.xx.xx.xx IP block. We lost power for no reason, and when I got home from school the ONT was running on the BBU. I left for work and have no idea how long the power was out, but when I got home and ran a speedtest (since things were being laggy as hell) I saw I was on the 173.xx.xx.xx IP block. My first speedtest ran 20110/4894 (have 20/5 plan), but as of late some webpages have been slow to load and I've been getting around 13000 for download, still same speeds for upload.

Anyone else with FiOS having trouble with the 173 IP block?

I have that exact same problem but oddly enough if you do a simple router reset it should run fine. I get thrown on that block like once every *scratches head* 2 months and for that one day i wanna kill everybody.
*reset*
ahhh i feel good again.

If the problem persists call verizon, they will manually do a hard reset on their end which will throw you on a different block.

TerminatioN said:
Call Verizon. Only other person on here that I know of that has FiOS is Gamby. It'll probably just be more constructive to call them and tell them whats up.

lol.

and i thought u were never switching to fios/never getting it in your area sizzles. =P
welcome to the darkside, we has cookies.

1qaz2wsx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tell me if it is back to normal. Most of the time it has to do with the white box out side or inside you house they update the software all the time to in the router and the co ax box out side to. :cool:

T

T Sizzles

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
and i thought u were never switching to fios/never getting it in your area sizzles. =P
welcome to the darkside, we has cookies.

We've had FiOS here since 2005. My area was one of the first areas to get it, we're on BPON.

Pretty much I got tired of waiting for Comcast to add ESPNUHD/ESPNewsHD, no ESPN360, and some of the HD channels had piss poor PQ. I can remember watching the DVR of the Ravens playoff games, the macroblocking was atrocious.

Plus switching saved money, so I was able to convince my parents to switch. Unfortuantley Verizon ****ed up porting the fax line, my parents almost canceled. My mom wrote a letter to Verizon, so hopefully they can give us some free boxes or free movie package (my uncle and aunt signed up for FiOS during the TV promo, never got their TV, wrote a letter to the same guy and got a $300 credit).

Regarding speeds, things have seemed to gotten better. I reset the router, and all the boxes, and now things seem normal. I tried to upload a video to YouTube yesterday and it sat for HOURS saying it was uploading, but I think it was YouTube's problem.

Hopefully this weekend I can set up the Actiontec as a bridge and use my WRT54G as the main router. I got the ONT swithced to ethernet a few weeks ago, but got so frusturated trying to do it (either got no internet, but did get VOD and widgets, or vice versa) that I quit.

Off topic, but I love the FiOS TV Central website and the Remote DVR function. Last week I was at work and forgot to set it to record Criminal Minds, so I whipped out my phone and set the recording from there. So cool. The mobile site works fine on the iPhone.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
no the actiontec is most likely stuck as your main router because it needs the direct internet connection to feed into the TV service. have fun bypassing that one.

u had told me your neighbor had fios but you didn't for some reason, liek you couldnt get it? w.e doesnt matter.

the fax line problem, you probably got a dumba** .. cause i had no problem with that.
and its easy to get **** free out of them, they buckle like nothing. i have 5 hd boxes and pay for 1 and i only have 1 hdtv in my house. i also have all movie channel/packages for free.
the tv thing, they ran out of tv's cause too many people signed up, probably why your uncle didn't get it.

T

T Sizzles

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
no the actiontec is most likely stuck as your main router because it needs the direct internet connection to feed into the TV service. have fun bypassing that one.

u had told me your neighbor had fios but you didn't for some reason, liek you couldnt get it? w.e doesnt matter.

the fax line problem, you probably got a dumba** .. cause i had no problem with that.
and its easy to get **** free out of them, they buckle like nothing. i have 5 hd boxes and pay for 1 and i only have 1 hdtv in my house. i also have all movie channel/packages for free.
the tv thing, they ran out of tv's cause too many people signed up, probably why your uncle didn't get it.

DSLreports has a tutorial on how to set up the Actiontec as a MoCA bridge.

Turns out that Verizon didn't have my address in their online ordering database for a while. My neighbor across the street got FiOS a while ago, even though it said it was unavailable they were able to order it fine over the phone. I thought the online thing was wrong because there is a Optical Splitter on the telephone pole across the street, and the one on the pole in my backyard where we connect (installer told us that we got the last spot, if not he would had to postpone the install because he would have had to call out a bucket truck because the other fiber splitter across the street is too tall for a ladder).

The fax line went like this: we ordered online, called the next day to put it on the order. A woman told us that it was scheduled for the order. Install day, the installer shows up, goes over the whole thing (TV, internet, ONE phone line) then my parents tell him about the fax line, he calls, they tell him the port isn't done and Comcast won't release the number, even though they released the main phone line. So a truck roll gets scheduled for March 3rd to do the fax line.

Then on March 3rd, the tech is supposed to come between 8 and noon. Noon, no one shows up. So my mom calls Verizon, after getting put on hold/disconnected, a person tells her it's 8 to 5, not 8 to noon. Then here's the kicker. The automated service calls around 1PM confirming the install for 8 to 12. I LOL'd, but my parents were less than happy. The tech came and hooked it up.

But the cable service couldn't be disconnected so it rolled over to a new billing cycle, and that's what my parents are going after with Verizon. Getting some form of reimbursement.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
T Sizzles said:
DSLreports has a tutorial on how to set up the Actiontec as a MoCA bridge.

Turns out that Verizon didn't have my address in their online ordering database for a while. My neighbor across the street got FiOS a while ago, even though it said it was unavailable they were able to order it fine over the phone. I thought the online thing was wrong because there is a Optical Splitter on the telephone pole across the street, and the one on the pole in my backyard where we connect (installer told us that we got the last spot, if not he would had to postpone the install because he would have had to call out a bucket truck because the other fiber splitter across the street is too tall for a ladder).

The fax line went like this: we ordered online, called the next day to put it on the order. A woman told us that it was scheduled for the order. Install day, the installer shows up, goes over the whole thing (TV, internet, ONE phone line) then my parents tell him about the fax line, he calls, they tell him the port isn't done and Comcast won't release the number, even though they released the main phone line. So a truck roll gets scheduled for March 3rd to do the fax line.

Then on March 3rd, the tech is supposed to come between 8 and noon. Noon, no one shows up. So my mom calls Verizon, after getting put on hold/disconnected, a person tells her it's 8 to 5, not 8 to noon. Then here's the kicker. The automated service calls around 1PM confirming the install for 8 to 12. I LOL'd, but my parents were less than happy. The tech came and hooked it up.

But the cable service couldn't be disconnected so it rolled over to a new billing cycle, and that's what my parents are going after with Verizon. Getting some form of reimbursement.

i shouldnt known about that tut, i actually post there. damn, o well.
yeah never mix up internet + phone, do one or the other, 90% of verizons customer help/signup people are retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register