What's new

Unsolved Finding the byte array for an offset

B

BonesXx

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the process of making my own tool and I'm using XCE Tools and peek poker.

I'm wondering when I find the offset for a specific thing how do I find and determine what the byte array should be? Is there any tutorials someone can link me on this? I have searched but nobody explains how to take the offset once you have found it and get the code for your byte array.

G

gamer7112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you're editing a game instruction then you have to write the bytes that correspond to the PPC instruction that you want to write.

For example: for no recoil you write 0x60000000 which is nop which in PPC is an instruction that does nothing so instead of the game running the recoil function it does nothing

B

BonesXx

Reaction score
if you're editing a game instruction then you have to write the bytes that correspond to the PPC instruction that you want to write.

For example: for no recoil you write 0x60000000 which is nop which in PPC is an instruction that does nothing so instead of the game running the recoil function it does nothing
Ok. Thank you for your response. I can make a bit of sense from it. How would I know what byte to write? And how would I figure out that for no recoil the bytes are 0x600000000

G

gamer7112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Thank you for your response. I can make a bit of sense from it. How would I know what byte to write? And how would I figure out that for no recoil the bytes are 0x600000000
like i said to know what bytes to write you have to know what PPC instruction you are going to be writing.

Top Bottom