What's new

Solved Find out if a 360 phat is modded in any way

D

dpivanov

Reaction score
Sin$
I just got gifted a 360 phat console and that is pretty much my first xbox experience. As far as i read and understood that you can flash your dvd drive, rgh or jtag. Im almost sure its been modded somehow but i don't know which type of mod is on it. If i try to play some original hardcopy games they require a software update and i get a long error code. Along with the xbox i got some pirated games that i fail to run either. So my question is how can i find out what mod is on it and if it is modded at all?

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got gifted a 360 phat console and that is pretty much my first xbox experience. As far as i read and understood that you can flash your dvd drive, rgh or jtag. Im almost sure its been modded somehow but i don't know which type of mod is on it. If i try to play some original hardcopy games they require a software update and i get a long error code. Along with the xbox i got some pirated games that i fail to run either. So my question is how can i find out what mod is on it and if it is modded at all?
Which Dashboard is it on?

Go to Settings > System Settings > Console info or something along those lines.

MattsNotBanned_

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Since you have a dashboard before 14699 you can do the RGH1 hack. You'll need a JR Programmer or a NAND-X to read/write the NAND and a Coolrunner Rev C glitch chip to do the hack. Look up an RGH1 tutorial on YouTube. Not an RGH1.2 tutorial, an RGH1 tutorial. Since RGH1 is rare nowadays everybody with a phat does RGH1.2, so you'll most likely have a bit of trouble finding an RGH1 tutorial.

If the RGH1 hack does not work then you will have to update to the latest dashboard (2.0.17511.0) and do either RGH2 (not very good boot times) or do the RGH1.2 hack (good boot times). You'll find plenty of tutorials for those hacks on YouTube.

MattsNotBanned_

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
and if it is modded at all?
If you think the DVD drive might be flashed, try running a pirated game disc or a backup disc.

To see if it has been JTAGed or RGHed try downloading XeXMenu. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on how to get it running.
If you try downloading XeXMenu and it says it is corrupted data then your console is not modded. If XeXMenu shows up and you can run it, your console is a JTAG/RGH! :wink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register