What's new

Discussion Finally modded my XBOX

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So i finally did it, it was all down to the flashdrive even though the xbox could see and format it, it couldnt see the files so i ended up buying a generic 512mb stick and my xbox's can see the files.
It has installed perfectly.
Just for other people who maybe struggling using win7 or higher, you need to insert all files and folders individually otherwise it wont work, it looks like the drive is taking the files as the flashdrive i have lights up and blinks as it takes data, but the xbox would not see the files.
Have patience take your time and enjoy your XBOX.
Thanks to all on here who gave my advice and the guy who wrote the tutorial a big THANKYOU :smile:

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So i finally did it, it was all down to the flashdrive even though the xbox could see and format it, it couldnt see the files so i ended up buying a generic 512mb stick and my xbox's can see the files.
It has installed perfectly.
Just for other people who maybe struggling using win7 or higher, you need to insert all files and folders individually otherwise it wont work, it looks like the drive is taking the files as the flashdrive i have lights up and blinks as it takes data, but the xbox would not see the files.
Have patience take your time and enjoy your XBOX.
Thanks to all on here who gave my advice and the guy who wrote the tutorial a big THANKYOU :smile:
Sweet and now that you have it modded definitely install some emulators, and maybe a bigger hard drive. I suggest XLink Kai as well for "online" gaming on older consoles.

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I intend to upgrade the HD as one of the things i like is being able to do is copy games to the harddrive and run them from there, saves wear on the dvd rom drive.
Is it possible to run games from network?
I have a good pc with plenty of storage, i have the xbox networked to it so would the xbox run images of a game over the network ?

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I intend to upgrade the HD as one of the things i like is being able to do is copy games to the harddrive and run them from there, saves wear on the dvd rom drive.
Is it possible to run games from network?
I have a good pc with plenty of storage, i have the xbox networked to it so would the xbox run images of a game over the network ?
I honestly haven't looked into running games from a server but I imagine it would be a bit difficult.

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont see why as the PS2 can do it over a network and to be honest all things considered the XBOX is the stronger of the 2 consoles

Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Sweet and now that you have it modded definitely install some emulators, and maybe a bigger hard drive. I suggest XLink Kai as well for "online" gaming on older consoles.

Is there a community or a way to find other players amongst Xlink Kai on OG Xbox? That would be fun with something like fusion frenzy. Also is there a guide on upgrading the HDD?

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a community or a way to find other players amongst Xlink Kai on OG Xbox? That would be fun with something like fusion frenzy. Also is there a guide on upgrading the HDD?
Yes there is ways to find people on Xlink Kai, when you have it set up it takes you to a web based page where you select the game you want to play. The only limit is the game has to have system link which unfortunately Fusion Frenzy isn't included in that prerequisite.

GTA3

GTA3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have now upgraded my HD using chimp i just used a spare 160gb ide i had laying around, works perfectly.

Top Bottom
Login
Register