Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Final step to modding my first map but...

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by LegoFoo, Jul 9, 2010 with 6 replies and 261 views.

1. LegoFoo

LegoFoo Newbie

Ratings:
    Just bought an xport . that was the first step then i downloaded forge and concept.
    I now have the file ready and modded with elites, spartans just for a test but there is one problem.
    I cant drag the file back to my hard drive, why is this can you please help im new to this site and new to modding <_< im running these on windows 7

2. Ptto911

Ptto911 Newbie

Ratings:
    What exactly do you mean when you say you can't drag it? Can you literally not drag it, or does it have an error message?

3. The Mythic

The Mythic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I forget the exact steps, but I know you have to remove UAC. Turn it off completely and you'll be able to drag files back into your HDD.

4. OP
    LegoFoo

LegoFoo Newbie

Ratings:
    I did thanks i need a list of what objects i csan place using forge 2.7 i dont understand the random workd i know bipd is elites n stuff

5. The Mythic

The Mythic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The bloc, and mach tags are where you'll find your big objects. Umm... For the skulls, flags, and bombs to place on the map I believe they're under weapon (I think the word is shortened but I can't remember exactly what) and I believe the different turrets are under weapon too.
    You just have to look around and you just have to know what can and can't be done with usermaps.

6. Rhymey

Rhymey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No you don't.

Right click --> Run as Admin.

7. The Mythic

The Mythic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That has nothing to do with being able to drag files back onto the HDD, that deals with the HDD showing up.
    Trust me on this one, I had the same problem and according to the OP my fix already worked.