What's new

Discussion Final Fantasy Mega Thread (Discover Final Fantasy!)

• Thread starter SharpGhost
  • Start date
  • Views 6,015
BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I really do love FF. I can't say I am a hardcore fan however. My first one was some above view checkerboard kind of thing. See, I don't even know what one it was. However, 7 is the one that made the impact with me. Then, 8. I actually liked 8 a lot. I played a bit of 10, but could not really get into it. I played 10-2 for a while, thought the chicks were hot. Now, for 13. I like the characters, however the story just isn't really there like 7 and 8 had.

Oh, and Advent Children was just amazing.

Blue

Blue

Tippy Top.
Reaction score
Sin$
Final Fantasy is a series I've heard so much about ever since I started playing video games. It's also a series I never had the opportunity to play. After reading this thread, I think I'll finally give it a play. Luckily, I have a PS2 available so I will most likely start with FF 10 and 12.

SaraPwns

SaraPwns

Fear No Evil
Reaction score
Sin$
Finished LR, I was pretty appauled at the time limit, I had to hex edit to enjoy it, which I have never modded an FF game before, I had to make a decision, do I play the game using a guide? Do I play rushed? Do I mod the game, spend all the time in the world and complete it the way I like to play an FF game? I chose to mod, it was a decision I made because I had no choice, rushing the game would mean I miss out on a lot of the side quests, I had unlimited EP points so I always stopped time, I spent a day without stopping time, I legit didn't even do a few side quests in the wild lands the day just flew by :|

It was an amazing end to the story though, just a shame that they put a time limit, I would have enjoyed it better if it didn't have it

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Never really paid attention to the story but I played Final Fantasy X and liked it.. It was around the time that I played Kingdom Hearts for the first time in like 2003 or 2004. I played Kingdom Hearts first, but because of so many Final Fantasy characters being in the game it made me get the newest FF out at the time(Final Fantasy X). To be honest though I've been thinking about buying the newest one when it comes out for Xbox One.. There aren't many releases that I'm looking forward to, so I figured I might as well get that when it comes out along with KH3.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Thread has finally been updated to include Final Fantasy 13-2 and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13. Also adding in a link to Final Fantasy Pictures. 
Finished LR, I was pretty appauled at the time limit, I had to hex edit to enjoy it, which I have never modded an FF game before, I had to make a decision, do I play the game using a guide? Do I play rushed? Do I mod the game, spend all the time in the world and complete it the way I like to play an FF game? I chose to mod, it was a decision I made because I had no choice, rushing the game would mean I miss out on a lot of the side quests, I had unlimited EP points so I always stopped time, I spent a day without stopping time, I legit didn't even do a few side quests in the wild lands the day just flew by :|

It was an amazing end to the story though, just a shame that they put a time limit, I would have enjoyed it better if it didn't have it

The time limit, to my surprise, wasn't that big of a deal. My first play through took about 30 hours. My second one took about 45. Use Chronostasis alot on Normal mode and engage yourself in alot of battles to keep your Eradia Points up. Hard Mode runs are stingy on EP since enemies only drop half of their usual Eradia. But then again, Hard Mode runs are mainly for grabbing the high tier stuff and difficulty increase.

Only complaint I have about the clock are the areas locked according to the time. Some important quests are only accessible during certain short time frames like the Warren or the Moogle Village. Those damn timed doors in the Dead Dunes are ridiculous -_-

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow SharpGhost SharpGhost , I don't know how I did not see this thread before. Nice posts man. In all honesty, I still have yet to get hardcore into the series :oops:, but I have a great appreciation for it as friends of mine from back in the day really liked it.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You didn't include the online ones :O

I know.

Wow SharpGhost SharpGhost , I don't know how I did not see this thread before. Nice posts man. In all honesty, I still have yet to get hardcore into the series :oops:, but I have a great appreciation for it as friends of mine from back in the day really liked it.

Try 13, 13-2, and FF13:LR since you have an exploited Xbox 360. Emulators will allow you to play every single Final Fantasy before 13. :smile:

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Try 13, 13-2, and FF13:LR since you have an exploited Xbox 360. Emulators will allow you to play every single Final Fantasy before 13. :smile:
Thanks for the recommendations man. I'll try to find some DL's for them (XBP and IsoZone). Yes, like you said I use a PS1 emulator on my console that runs pretty smoothly. :biggrin:

Sega

Sega

VIP
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, Final Fantasy is great and all, but Sharp's true passion is for a series called the Legend of Zelda. While he may be a little adamant that he isn't, behind the false dismissal is a burning desire for the series. Just a heads up!

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, Final Fantasy is great and all, but Sharp's true passion is for a series called the Legend of Zelda. While he may be a little adamant that he isn't, behind the false dismissal is a burning desire for the series. Just a heads up!

tumblr_n2hesk2peF1tv7ai8o1_500.gif

Also

LikableMarriedKinkajou.gif

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
X is my personal favorite. Such a great game (as are all of the others). I wish they made the X and X-2 remake for the Xbox One as well :cry:

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
X is my personal favorite. Such a great game (as are all of the others). I wish they made the X and X-2 remake for the Xbox One as well :cry:

Unfortunately any Final Fantasy titles that were helped developed by Sony will stay in the Sony console world unless they are ported over to PC for everyone to enjoy. While it is unknown if FFX/FFX-2 remake will ever hit Steam, there's always a possibility that they will.

Emulators are always an alternative if you wish to play the versions of FFX/FFX-2 that are available for the Vita and PS3. This is how I played them before the remasters were released.

Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy 15 are due for 2015 release on the Xbox One, thankfully.

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Unfortunately any Final Fantasy titles that were helped developed by Sony will stay in the Sony console world unless they are ported over to PC for everyone to enjoy. While it is unknown if FFX/FFX-2 remake will ever hit Steam, there's always a possibility that they will.

Emulators are always an alternative if you wish to play the versions of FFX/FFX-2 that are available for the Vita and PS3. This is how I played them before the remasters were released.

Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy 15 are due for 2015 release on the Xbox One, thankfully.

Yeah, I might just pick up a PS4 as there's a few things I wanna get, including the remakes.

I saw gameplay of Type-0 and it didn't really catch my eye. Vita ports are usually iffy to me. I'll most definitely be getting 15 though as long as they do anything outrageous.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
SharpGhost SharpGhost , do you plan on adding something on FF14? Or maybe some information on FF15? Also, are you going to get rid of that atrocious centered text in all of your posts?

Top Bottom
Login
Register