• Thread starter gallagher
  • Start date
  • Views 530
gallagher

gallagher

Senior Community Member
Reaction score
Sin$
if halo3dude or someone that does .map mods and since we cant play on it could we still watch the films?... in theater... just like inspir3d?

M

mojobojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
whatsupsteve said:
if halo3dude or someone that does .map mods and since we cant play on it could we still watch the films?... in theater... just like inspir3d?

The stuff that was done in the inspir3d video was just projectile mods, the stuff that halo3dude and other people are doing to the .maps are way too complex to make a retail even run a film. Thats going with what I know, I could be totally wrong though.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Projectile mods are still map mods, so I'll go ahead and guess that you can watch videos of any maps.

gallagher

gallagher

Senior Community Member
Reaction score
Sin$
unknown v2 said:
Projectile mods are still map mods, so I'll go ahead and guess that you can watch videos of any maps.
soo... is that a yes?

G

gabe_k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe the reason the projectile mods showed up is merely because the film said to spawn different projectiles, the textures and such, however, are still read from the map file.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Correct. From what I've seen of the film, it simply uses object instancing. Meaning that each object (such as the level, players, boxes, etc...) and all their respective dependencies are stored independent of one-another. So if you fired a bullet for instance, the film will simply allocate another instance block of that bullet with it's current position, velocity (it has to calculate motion blur somehow, not sure if it does frame-by-frame, or simply velocity-based), rotation, etc... It will then load an instance of that bullet, referencing and using each dependency as well. An explosion created by a rocket, will be completely separate from said rocket as well.
I have not properly researched that area, but that is how I think it might work. From what I heard, the game does have some checks, as it simply crashed sometimes attempting to play a modification, I do not know why though.

tOxiC x

tOxiC x

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So with that, if we mapped films out futher, we could fake 'projectile' mod in the film? Change bullet velocity etc...?

M

mojobojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tOxiC x said:
So with that, if we mapped films out futher, we could fake 'projectile' mod in the film? Change bullet velocity etc...?
I was actually looking into that, I had no luck in finding it. But if anyone finds out, including me, keep that information to yourselves. Any person could start making fake .map mods and start to ruin the halo 3 modding community. Pesonally I dont want halo 3 to turn into Halo 2.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Supermodder and me had looked into projectile mods, but it always corrupted the film at the point of the shot.

Top Bottom
Login
Register