Film Modding Rumors

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by DJ Shepherd, Dec 5, 2008 with 8 replies and 634 views.

1. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    For some reason, this chaotic rumor has started floating around that films are no longer moddable, which is completely false

I have modded films for friends through out the update, which is fact that it still works. People give reasons that it's true because the film is corrupt, it's corrupt because 1 you effed up the file or 2 you signed it with a public keyvault

Some give reason that, "waaah I mod it and recon doesnt show, just the regular armor, waahhh." News flash, this has been the case since day one with special circumstances, public information on why some films dont mod:
    1 - you cant mod film clips for some reason, only films
    2 - you cant be wearing all Mark VI armor, for some reason that doesnt work
    3 - what will make it work 99% of the time is you having the host's film, that should almost guarentee it to work if the other two reasons werent met
    4 - that other last 1% is simply that some films are dumb and wont mod

and lastly, what i see as quite amusing, is that people say to clear the cache blahblahblah, it will magically work with any KV is even as far as I've seen, that's how ignorant these people are to modding. the KV issue has nothing to do with Halo, it deals with the NXE dashboard in which the Kernel checks the KV used on that file, if it is a banned one, vwalla, it will list it as corrupt, clearing the Halo update does nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
  3. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

Ratings:
    ? idk every time i try it fail but only if i unplug my ethernet cord and play a map then mod it it works but idk bc i has a 18gb rehasher :wink:

4. OP
    DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    you might have an 18 gig rehasher but i doubt it rehashes properly, luckly halo files are standard rehashes, so it doesnt matter, but i made one too but it properly rehashes btw being on live has nothing to do with it, coincidence maybe, but i mod them online all the time

5. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    That's because you are playing by yourself. It will always work if you are playing by yourself.

6. Supermodder911

Supermodder911 Getting There

Ratings:
    Oh, really?

7. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    and ur sure it works correctly?

8. Supermodder911

Supermodder911 Getting There

Ratings:
    It's mine, it does.

9. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thank you for clarifying that. Maybe people will stop thier complaining now.:thumbup: