Fileshare Resigning question

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by Eaton, Nov 12, 2008 with 10 replies and 398 views.

1. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    Well, I'm preparing for the fall update and I need to know this. Since most of my modded Halo 3 usermaps are resigned with one of the "soon to be banned" keyvaults, if I uploaded the file briefly to my File Share, deleted the original of of my hard-drive, and downloaded the one I uploaded, would it be resigned with my Xbox 360's keyvault or would it still be resigned with the banned one?

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Re: Quick Question

Yep. That's what I did with my modded Halo 3 stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:

Thanks for that. That's a relief.:biggrin:

4. gabe_k

gabe_k Enthusiast

Ratings:

Or you can get the map from your recent games, or even just change the name. Less risk of getting file share banned.

5. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:

Ah, so I can change the name of my gametypes, films, pictures and maps and they will be saved?:biggrin:

6. enoop

enoop Enthusiast

Ratings:

No he is talking about if you put them on your file share, also if you have content from your own 360 and you resign it will it be corrupt?

7. mxrider

mxrider Getting There

Ratings:

Has anyone with early access to the NXE 100% confirmed that the existing public keyvaults are indeed blacklisted?

8. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:

Yes, several people already have.

9. gabe_k

gabe_k Enthusiast

Ratings:

I can confirm it.

If you resign anything it will become corrupt. However if you in anyway modify a file on your 360 (changing the name, getting it from recent games, so on), it will resign it with your console's keyvault.

10. slicked9778

slicked9778 Enthusiast

Ratings:

Yeah so can I,I wish I didn't update early,the odd part of it all was it erased some of the maps that were not modded maps too like clean maps,I don't know maybe it just happened to me.

:blink:

11. mxrider

mxrider Getting There

Ratings:

Hmm, good to know. I have multiple keyvaults, a few of which I believe have been kept private. I'll go ahead and resign everything I currently have with my console's KV to be sure I can use my current content (but I'm more concerned about any future modded content I may make).