• Thread starter Teancum
  • Start date
  • Views 351
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So I *THINK* my kiddos did something accidental to my RGH 360. I say think because they've been playing it for well over a year and never had issues.

Anyway, first it booted into FSD but was using whatever the default Windows 8/tile skin is called, which we never use. Went into the settings to reset it then rebooted. It would not boot into FSD and I'd have to force it to the stock dash. I tried to do a reinstall of FSD, but every file transfer would fail. So I tried it in Aurora and then checked the logs. I got a log filled with errors like the one below.

Code:
{ "time" : "01:09:06.482", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "error", "filter" : "PasteFileOperation", "message" : "Error: 32.  Failed to copy Usb0:\\Apps\\Aurora\\Data\\Logs\\debug.log to Hdd1:\\Apps\\Aurora\\Data\\Logs\\debug.log" }

So after looking at that I found two things, this is a file access violation error (file is being used by another process - at least that's the way it is in Windows). The other thing I found is that all file transfers were 0 bytes. So at this point I don't know how to fix whatever happened to the hard drive, which seems to be reading games fine, just not writing anything. I'm booting off USB. I've never seen this error on a console and so have no idea what direction to go.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I *THINK* my kiddos did something accidental to my RGH 360. I say think because they've been playing it for well over a year and never had issues.

Anyway, first it booted into FSD but was using whatever the default Windows 8/tile skin is called, which we never use. Went into the settings to reset it then rebooted. It would not boot into FSD and I'd have to force it to the stock dash. I tried to do a reinstall of FSD, but every file transfer would fail. So I tried it in Aurora and then checked the logs. I got a log filled with errors like the one below.

Code:
{ "time" : "01:09:06.482", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "error", "filter" : "PasteFileOperation", "message" : "Error: 32.  Failed to copy Usb0:\\Apps\\Aurora\\Data\\Logs\\debug.log to Hdd1:\\Apps\\Aurora\\Data\\Logs\\debug.log" }

So after looking at that I found two things, this is a file access violation error (file is being used by another process - at least that's the way it is in Windows). The other thing I found is that all file transfers were 0 bytes. So at this point I don't know how to fix whatever happened to the hard drive, which seems to be reading games fine, just not writing anything. I'm booting off USB. I've never seen this error on a console and so have no idea what direction to go.

You can set the stock dash as the default in dash launch. You can can change the default file path by leaving it blank or by adding the stock dash .xex from the flash partition. Then you can add the button shortcuts (pressing a button on controller during boot up to launch a set dashboard) for your preferred dashboards. **Save the changes before exiting dashlaunch.

You can change the Metro skin in FSD by going into the settings.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep. The issue however is the hard drive will not take any data writing (error 32 is related to not being able to write to disk due to access violations). My guess is that the drive is dying. I've bought another from a slim and am going to just swap them out. Thankfully I was able to FTP all my data to my PC.

Top Bottom
Login
Register