Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seighten

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yesterday i right clicked on a program and went to open with and the chose word pad and now all of my files open with word pad and all of the icons are word pad. i cant do a system restore either because it also opens with notepad. What do i do? I have windows 7 btw.
I cant open google chrome or change the .exe files to its default. I tried all the fixes and non of them work. If somebody could help me through team viewer or just tell me how to fix it ill donate.

K

knockem

Contributor
Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Make new administrator account
2. Log into new account
3. Delete previous account but select"keep files"
4. Transfer Data back to whereever you would like
5. ?????????
6. Profit

F

fiello

Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure if it works, but there is another way:
1. Start>Run>cmd
2. When Command prompt is opened, type the following command:
assoc .exe=exefile

This will turn all *.exe files to the 'application' type. However we have an issue at step 1 - how it will execute a 'cmd.exe' file ...

Diesel

Diesel

I love the smell of Diesel in the morning
Reaction score
Sin$
Yesterday i right clicked on a program and went to open with and the chose word pad and now all of my files open with word pad and all of the icons are word pad. i cant do a system restore either because it also opens with notepad. What do i do? I have windows 7 btw.
I cant open google chrome or change the .exe files to its default. I tried all the fixes and non of them work. If somebody could help me through team viewer or just tell me how to fix it ill donate.
I am assuming you have windows 7, if not i have tutorials for all.

To fix the association for a particular file type:

1. Download the corresponding fix from the table. Table is found here.

2. Unzip the file and extract the .REG file to Desktop.

3. Right-click the REG file and choose Merge. Alternately, you can open the Registry Editor and then using the Import option from the File menu, to merge the REG file contents.

Note that you need to be an administrator to apply these fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register