What's new

Discussion Few Things To Point Out Before Flaming Or "Fanboying" The Next-Gen Console

• Thread starter Mr Crush
  • Start date
  • Views 282
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
I will keep this as anti-biast as possible. So i've been away from 7S more importantly this forum. So a lot of these threads are complaining about the same thing. Such as..

• Xbox or PS4 not backwards compatible
  • PS4 Had DDR5 RAM it automatically better see!
  • Can't play/buy/sell used games etc
  • Games will be more money
  • EA likes Xbox better there money whores
  • Since it's x86 why don't we just switch to PC gaming?
I feel some of these things here are cleared up enough. So first I want to talk about the Xbox and PS4 not being backwards compatible. They are completely different architecture and from a technological standpoint it is very hard to make these backwards compatible although it's possible especially big corporations like Microsoft and Sony they would have to do a lot of work and I feel as though it might happen in the future in a update maybe. Don't cross your fingers though. Next I would like to talk about the PS4 having DDR5 RAM and the Xbox one having DDR3 RAM I don't believe that we will see much of a difference and I don't think that it will be noticeable difference although the PS4 did stat wise beat the XB 1 in this department. Third, I will like to talk about people complaining about how you cannot play and sell used games on the Xbox One and they said you can on the PS4. At the PlayStation announcement they were very skeptical about what they were saying they said very little and just announced a lot of games Sony CEO came out and said they want to Microsoft to an announce the console first because Sony does that for whatever reason. Sony never got into detail what the game system can and cannot do. I feel it's not fair to judge the Xbox one just because Sony didn't say whether their console can play used games it's very possible that they will have the same system as Microsoft implemented. I would also like to point out that you can play your open used games at your friends house being signed into your account. I haven't confirmed whether this is true or not but games (disc based) just go into your purchase history. Like a GoD or Arcade. So that is very possible. and the system is already in place for many games like Minecraft. People are also saying that games will be more money although I cannot say for sure how much games Will be I highly doubt that they will be more than $60 in my opinion $60 is kind of steep to begin with. I can't see any more people paying more for a game. ESPECIALLY IF ITS DIGITAL. Many people are saying that since it's a PC like architecture why don't console gaming switch to PC gaming. Well that's a fair argument although I think console gaining was just stand as it is right now and be superior to all gaming although you will get better performance obviously out of a PC with graphics cards being upgraded monthly etc. it's hard not to. But having a PC architectures a big push in many things can be done as we see with many different kernels being in the Xbox such as a Windows kernel and gaming kernel. If Microsoft really wanted to and sony they can really push your yearly systems out I mean about you have to pay an expensive price because you'd be paying for everything in the system again just for better GPU it's possible now and even easier with a PC architecture. Well like I saying before console gaming will still stay superior because all the gaming communities play Xbox and PlayStation because everyone plays it not everyone that's not tech savvy will go out and build a PC or buy Alienware for like $1200 it just won't happen console gaming will still stay the same of people will adjust after a few months of these consoles being out. One last thing to the people complaining about how Xbox is really pushing entertainment I think it's very innovative and it's going to be a keen feature in consoles as a lot of these will be in the living room and will be very nice to have they are also taking a chunk out of Google TV which is trying the sane thing with the infrared receivers and etc. I think this combined with Xbox is gaming this will be over kill for Microsoft. The reason why we didn't see a lot of gaming is because they are saving it for E3 trust me it may not be like the Hardcore H2 days where when you thought of xbox you though of a bloddy shooter. But Xbox is still a hardcore gaming console.

Last edited:
K

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Gaikai will allow the PS4 to play PS1-PS3 titles.

X

xXmanslaughtrXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh, it doesn't even seem like microsoft is trying to compete with sony this year. Just my opinion.

R

rich12313

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please for the love of god fix your grammar and organize that wall of text. Almost impossible to read. Anyway,

I feel it's not fair to judge the Xbox one just because Sony didn't say whether their consul play his games

Just because we are unsure of what Sony is doing doesn't mean I cannot judge Microsoft. If I have no plans of buying either console, I can still criticize Microsoft for making (what I believe to be) a poor decision.

M

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Please for the love of god fix your grammar and organize that wall of text. Almost impossible to read. Anyway,

Just because we are unsure of what Sony is doing doesn't mean I cannot judge Microsoft. If I have no plans of buying either console, I can still criticize Microsoft for making (what I believe to be) a poor decision.

I apologize at some parts I got lazy and used my Mac dictation. Works pretty good though! 
Tbh, it doesn't even seem like microsoft is trying to compete with sony this year. Just my opinion.
Lets see what happens at E3

C

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Reaction score
tl;dr. Both consoles suck.

S

Syrus

Just chill out
Reaction score
Don't know what I'm going to do, either I'm buying the xbox one or I'm switching to Pc.

Really dont want to switch to Pc though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom