Fellow Sinners

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by xexecute, Jul 29, 2018 with 10 replies and 738 views.

1. xexecute

xexecute Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello fellow sinners,

I first found this site about 2 years while i was trying to RGH a spare xbox i did alot of research and found out how to do it and with having past experience in computers and engineering all went well.

Since then ive got more and more interested in the technical aspect of modding and engineering side of it and ive gained some skills along the way, i know c++ (not an expert but have a good understanding) and i understand how to create mods/scripts.

I have my own personal menu which i wrote ( its nothing special ) but one thing i have committed to is NOT LEECHING or copy/pasting, its simple if i dont understand how it works i cant code it and i wont have it in my menu until i understand how it works.

So by going about it this way im learning from the basics and not overstepping my capabilitys, the only problem i have is since ive started ive isolated myself from the community so i dont have any "contacts" or any friends to work with that are knowledgable in this field, so im looking for anyone who is "like-minded" to be acquainted with.

Thanks for taking time to read this :smile:

2. Modder v7

Modder v7 Getting There

Ratings:
    xexecute I think you and I would get along pretty well. Hit me up on a PM if you also agree.

3. Expression

Expression Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Love it, you can't beat that mindset.

I'm sure you will find plenty of partners.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    xexecute

xexecute Newbie

Ratings:
    Wow, thanks for the response guys :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. WildeThing

WildeThing Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'll gladly join some form of discussion group on Discord, Slack, or whatever, if you're willing to create one.

6. OP
    xexecute

xexecute Newbie

Ratings:
    Sure i will make a discord when i get some time and ill drop you a PM, Thanks for the response :smile:

7. goofmodding

goofmodding Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Leaching isn't bad if you understand what your copying and pasting and how it works. Why right 100 lines of code when its already done and you can change a few things around? Just my mind set, when you've been coding for a long time it can get monotonous to write tedious code especially code that was already released

8. OP
    xexecute

xexecute Newbie

Ratings:
    yeah i know what you mean, if you understand how it works and you could obviously write the code yourself and even improve the code itself there isnt anything wrong with that, in my opinion thats how great things are achived when people work together and improve each others work :smile:

9. Chris7S

Chris7S Nerd by definition, programmer by trade

Ratings:
    That's why you create a class with familiar methods and use those dynamically :wink:

10. OP
    xexecute

xexecute Newbie

Ratings:
    I understand what you mean and why you would use a class, but unfortunately im not that knowledgeable on classes and ive never tried to write a class, but im eager to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. goofmodding

goofmodding Enthusiast

Ratings:
    look up the basics of OOP (object oriented programming), start with a language like c# and im assuming you're very new to programming so download visual studio which is an IDE to help make it a lot easier just download the community its free no reason to pay for it.
    https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

• Like Like x 1