Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Fastest way to gain xp

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by SurF, Jan 31, 2009 with 24 replies and 3,948 views.

1. SurF

SurF Experienced Member

Ratings:
    I think headquarters and search & destroy are the best at gaining xp. Any of you agree?

2. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    Yea...I agree. Only if your good though.

3. Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yeah i only play HQ not good enough for search :wink:

4. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    .. Its double XP weekend. I play anything I want to If i want to gain alot of exp. /LOLWINTHREAD

5. classy blackman

classy blackman Getting There

Ratings:
    domination boosting is the best for exp. The best legit game for exp is hardcore search and destroy i have a 1.30 k/d ratio in that:tongue:

6. i am Nubz

i am Nubz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Fastest way? If you have a good group of players that can do some dirty work...headquarters. But, you also have to do challenges for guns and just regular ones. Don't forget double XP :biggrin:

7. kiyoshi

kiyoshi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'd say headquarters but you have to be on a decent team.

8. oapy123

oapy123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    definitely hardcore search and destroy. Yea you can do work on headquarters too, but more often than not you will be on a sh*tty team and wont get the good match bonus. With search and destroy you still get 50 points a kill and 100 for planting/defusing. I probably average around 700 or so points a game. I've had as much as 23xx points in one game without completing any challenges.

9. i am Nubz

i am Nubz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Headquarters:
    - Go in with a good squad.
    - Capture the HQ's until 240
    - Kill them until the last minute, then capture HQ.

* Get regular & weapon challenges done.
    * Use Martydom for extra kills

Hardcore Search & Destroy:
    - Solo or with Squad
    - Use an accurate gun, that is for sure 1 shot. (Ex: Gewher)
    - N00b tubes + Bouncing Betty's for the cheap kills.

* Last Stand kills are worth 100 points

Now if you are talking fastest way according to the 'Time Played' on the leaderboards, then I would say Search and Destroy for sure. The rounds are much shorter, therefore the points are quicker (obviously).

That's just my opinion. :smile:

10. moddingfreak

moddingfreak Newbie

Ratings:
  11. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    In HQ, I would have to say stop capping at 180-210 and then go for kills. Keep them out of the HQ, and **** them. But you must be on a good team of 6. Every time I play HQ with one of my friends, we ****. We always have a team that is stacked. But, I don't get that as many kills (40 instead of 70) because our team is so beastly. :tongue:

If anybody wants some tips, talk to me on XBL and if I get something out of it, I will give you my tips, and you will have your CoD5 stats increased guaranteed.

12. Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yeah i play constant HQ with players with their K/D always over 2.00 and I've also been playing with a lot of the top players in HQ that are ranked in the top 50. After you get a solid team it becomes extremely easy to be earning 500+ points a game without match bonus

13. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Definitely true. Same with me. This guy I was talking about is like 14th for overall kills and was 1st for HQ kills. He is so beastly. If you find someone with k/d higher than his, and that is legit, AND that has the around the same amount of kills, let me know. :biggrin:

14. i am Nubz

i am Nubz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Exactly ^^ (c0dak and corrupt). I play with mainly people from my area but it's always HQ. I was on a 26 HQ streak until it decided to put my party in a game 240-0 with them holding the HQ... :frown: sad.

15. Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Who? Baby Jesus?

16. oapy123

oapy123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    HQ is definitely good for getting points, but it takes longer to get the same amount of points as you can get in search and destroy. If you are decent you'll get between 5-10 kills per S&D match plus the match bonus. That may not be quite as much as HQ, but you are spending less time doing it...so it evens out. If you are not good at S&D, then HQ may be the way to go. But personally I'm not a fan of running around across the map constantly and getting shot when an enemy respawns right behind you in an area that you just checked for enemies.

17. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    I am not going to give his current gamertag because people will annoy him if he isn't annoyed enough already. His old GT was ID IE IR IE IK. He is on the top leaderboards, and no one has a better K/D than him. :tongue:

18. GandIand

GandIand Newbie

Ratings:
    Double XP HQ nothing beats it

19. lx underoath xl

lx underoath xl Contributor

Ratings:
    Hardcore search and destroy. I have average around 700-1000 points a game. My k/d in hardcore search is a 1.83

20. OP
    SurF

SurF Experienced Member

Ratings:
    Ehh.<_< I'm not really a fan of hardcore gametypes, but I might give it a try since a lot of my friends play that.