All Farcry 3 GOTY

• Thread starter IIOnyxGuardII
  • Start date
  • Views 558
IIOnyxGuardII

IIOnyxGuardII

Reaction score
Sin$
So, anyone else feel, that had farcry 3 been released at its original date, it'd be a GOTY contender?

It hasn't released in the US yet which sucks, but from people in Europe/Australia, they make it sound like its near perfect

Anyone got hands on yet? how do you think the game is?

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
I've only played the singleplayer. I beat the whole singleplayer did all the outposts/bought everything so I'm about finished. Just because it's still fun I'm going to go for extras. I only wish they had some sort of free-roam of the whole singleplayer map online. I've had yet to see the map editor myself but it looks smaller compared to older games for some reason. The wildlife in the game is actually a challenge unlike other games. All in all, it's still a fun game.

-Le Me-

-Le Me-

Self-Certified Polymath
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've only played the singleplayer mode yet, but as for now it really is good. It's fun and entertaining, the story is well-develloped and the main villain Vaas is insane and awesome. You have the possibility to play stealthy or go "Rambo-Style". With tataus (tatoos a.k.a. the new skill-system), you can learn new skills f.e. the "takedown". Basically it's like an assassination in Assassin's Creed, but in an Ego-Perspective.
While playing you start to feel like Jason (the main character), the transition from a simple civilian to a jungle-warrior is really well done and not to fast. The island is huge and offers you many possibilities to spend your time on. All-in-all it's a really impressive game and I personnally love it.

Whale Hunter

Whale Hunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The game is OK. It doesn't meet Dead Island with its skill system, because the skills are easier obtainable than weed in the US. It doesn't meet Dishonored, because that game was f*cking amazing. It doesn't meet Red Dead Redemption with skinning animals, because of the realism. It doesn't meet Assassins Creed with revealing the map, because slowly climbing up an ugly tower - and free it from the scrambler - isn't as cool as free-running up a stunning building or church seeing an eagle fly by while you are on the edge of falling down.

I can go on and on and on. The game isn't bad, but it doesn't meet on any front to one game. Well, the only thing which is done really nice is the interactivity of the island. There are shootouts between the Rakyats and the militia of Vaas, there are wild dogs attacking enemies and friendly people. That's one of the things I love about Far Cry 3.

It's not all bad, there are good points, as I mentioned above.

The map is gigantic! That's also a nice feature. The fast traveling was necessary, otherwise it would be f*cking annoying to travel that much to go somewhere.

There are lots of vehicles and small houses next to the road.

They make it necessary to kill animals, which is really nicely done. You need animal skins to enlarge the max capacity for certain things, such as health boosts, weapons, backpack etc. The fake part about this is that you can sell the animal skins to the stores, but you can't buy any animal skins. So you really have to put some effort in finding and killing the animals.

The max ammunition (which is pretty low in the beginning) also makes it feel more realistic, you really have to be careful with how many bullets you fire.

LM Desingz

LM Desingz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, anyone else feel, that had farcry 3 been released at its original date, it'd be a GOTY contender?

It hasn't released in the US yet which sucks, but from people in Europe/Australia, they make it sound like its near perfect

Anyone got hands on yet? how do you think the game is?
Halo 4... lol, why would this even be a question.

Chase

Chase

Get Got
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't personally like that game but it's a classic. I don't think there's a chance of any other game winning GOTY.
It almost beat BLOPS II in sales.
But you gotta think, there are better games than it.

Chase

Chase

Get Got
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
That came out in 2012?
Like what?
wow, the only one I can think of right now is Dishonored.
There were a lot of ****** games that came out this year, Halo 4 probably will win though because of it being a halo.

Top Bottom
Login
Register