What's new

Solved Fans Going Nuts

D

DR22

Reaction score
Hey guys I've recently "x-clamped" my xbox and for some reason the fans are extremely loud. I can leave the xbox on for a minute or so and then it stops and 2 red light flash. If I tighten the screws the xbox gives me 3 red lights and if I leave it as is I can wait a few minutes and turn it on again to the same results, alas. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dom

T

TX_F1ERCE_TX

CONTACT ME FOR XBOX 360 SERVICES
Reaction score
Either the xclamps are on to tight, not tight enough, console is over heating, or may need a reflow.

B

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Hey guys I've recently "x-clamped" my xbox and for some reason the fans are extremely loud. I can leave the xbox on for a minute or so and then it stops and 2 red light flash. If I tighten the screws the xbox gives me 3 red lights and if I leave it as is I can wait a few minutes and turn it on again to the same results, alas. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dom
As Above said the console is heating up way to hot. The reason your fans are extremely loud is the xbox nand has a built in temp threashold that will up the fans as the xbox gets hotter.

Also as above said you may be too loose and your heat sinks are not getting good contact.

But also What kind of Thermal paste are you using?? Please tell me you used thermal paste lol.

K

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Read my sig (spoiler 2)

D

DR22

Reaction score
As Above said the console is heating up way to hot. The reason your fans are extremely loud is the xbox nand has a built in temp threashold that will up the fans as the xbox gets hotter.

Also as above said you may be too loose and your heat sinks are not getting good contact.

But also What kind of Thermal paste are you using?? Please tell me you used thermal paste lol.
I use some NexxTech heat sink compound, I fixed another Xbox with this paste before!

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
^ The clamps need adjusting, if that doesnt work it will need a reflow to be reseated properly. Also make sure you didnt put too much paste on.

D

DR22

Reaction score
^ The clamps need adjusting, if that doesnt work it will need a reflow to be reseated properly. Also make sure you didnt put too much paste on.
I think that I've might have gone a bit too heavy with the paste, the chips are completely white...?

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
I think that I've might have gone a bit too heavy with the paste, the chips are completely white...?
They should be completely covered but it shouldnt be too thick/too high. Usually you put abouy a pea drop or so in the center and then put on the heatsink which spreads it properly.

Top Bottom