What's new

Fallout New Vegas Modding Tutorial (HEX Editing)

• Thread starter idlehands88
  • Start date
  • Views 30,813
idlehands88

idlehands88

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I finally finished putting together a save that will show you guys where to edit.

To use this tutorial you need to first find your EXP. Easiest way to do this is make a copy of your save use the mod tool to mod your Level on one save to 15 that should give you 16449 EXP, save and exit. Open that save in your HEX Editor, now search for this - 7C008280467C Next open your untouched save and go to the offset you got in your other save.

Now that you found your EXP we can move onto the fun part.

Look at the picture below and from ".EXP" count how many "|....|" it is from the pic to the location of what you want to change. Example, lets say I want to mod my "..AP", I would look at ".EXP" and count backwards 12 sections.

PICTURE:
FalloutNVModdedTut.jpg

Legend:
UNKN = Unknown
THRO = Throwing Distance
RLOD = Reload Speed
..AP = Action Points
..WG = Carrying Weight
CRIT = Critical Hit Rate
..HP = Health Points
..DR = Damage Resistance
RRES = Radiation Resistance
SPED = Speed
KARM = Karma
.EXP = Experience
LIMB = Limb HP
SKIL = Skill
XXXX = DO NOT USE (you fall over and can't move)
SLOW = Slow mo for everything but you
.RAD = Total rad poisoning
MESS = Messy Kills
.H2O = Dehydration level
.SLP = Sleep level
..DT = Damage Threshold

And there you guys go, this is all the modding I found out how to do. ENJOY!

BombingBurka

BombingBurka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I finally finished putting together a save that will show you guys where to edit.

To use this tutorial you need to first find your EXP. Easiest way to do this is make a copy of your save use the mod tool to mod your Level on one save to 15 that should give you 16449 EXP, save and exit. Open that save in your HEX Editor, now search for this - 7C008280467C Next open your untouched save and go to the offset you got in your other save.

Now that you found your EXP we can move onto the fun part.

Look at the picture below and from ".EXP" count how many "|....|" it is from the pic to the location of what you want to change. Example, lets say I want to mod my "..AP", I would look at ".EXP" and count backwards 12 sections.

Hi, made a Video Tutorial for all you guys that don't understand :smile:
(It's still been processed, so may be low quality for a while...)

Pious Pigeon

Pious Pigeon

Reaction score
Sin$
Excellent work TS, it's well appreciated. This is just the sort of thing I was looking for. Could you suggest some values to put into the fields though? If I wanted to double my damage resistance or health points, what sort of hex values should I be putting in?

idlehands88

idlehands88

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Excellent work TS, it's well appreciated. This is just the sort of thing I was looking for. Could you suggest some values to put into the fields though? If I wanted to double my damage resistance or health points, what sort of hex values should I be putting in?

00000040 is the lowest value to put in, and 0000004F is the highest.

Pious Pigeon

Pious Pigeon

Reaction score
Sin$
A quick tip for those who are having trouble editing skills, the other alternative is to add multiple copies of skill books to your inventory and just read them in game.

Big Book of Science (Science) 0003403c
Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual (Sneak) 00034045
D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine (Medicine) 00034043
Dean's Electronics (Repair) 0003403d
Duck and Cover! (Explosives) 0006a80c
Grognak the Barbarian (Melee Weapons) 00034040
Guns and Bullets (Guns) 0003403e
Lying, Congressional Style (Speech) 00034044
Nikola Tesla and You (Energy Weapons) 00034041
Pugilism Illustrated (Unarmed) 0003403f
Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor (Barter) 00034042
The Wasteland Survival Guide (Survival) 00160227
Tumblers Today (Lockpick) 00034046

P

PwnUrAss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XD how to edit Speed (|.SPD|) i made it 7C 00 00 1E 41 7C and it was toooo fast and gets stuck alot

only changed the Bold Value

P

PwnUrAss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i am totally lost right now how do u get

7C008280467C to 16449

i tried hex to decimal, hex to text, hex to number, and so on and i can't get a number i get |???F| which is the same in the hex editor

i wana change my movement speed just like 50% faster or whatever as long as its faster but i change one number or letter and its goes super fast.

N

new 2 jtags

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you edit the mess factor for blood and gore to not happen or is that impossible? Or could someone post a pic of the section I'd need to edit.

Before people be jerks and say I'm squeamish of blood, I don't want a cloud of blood throwing off my sniper shot.

By the way nice tut.

H

Homura

Reaction score
Sin$
nice job. Thank you I have been having problems with the save editor so this helps alot.

S

SpartasHusky

Reaction score
Sin$
Have not gotten hex editor yet. I been trying to lower my level on the editor but to no avail. Does the EXP your mentioning the total amount you have or the necessary tor each the next level. If is the latter then lowering means I can lower my level again to level 1 correct?

If the exp is for that, then do you know of a way to lower my level back to 1 again?. Apparently everyone can do it simply wiht the editor but the editor wont do it for me. I changed the level and the exp respectively using the chart on wiki but the info doesn't stick... or save. as soona s I load the game the values are as before I changed them.

Thanks for any help

Top Bottom
Login
Register