Fallout: New Vegas Dlc Speculation

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm hoping that the few Fallout fans on this site will read this thread, as I am actually up for a good debate about this. :S

Anyway, I just read about the upcoming 'Honest Hearts' DLC, seeing as how the trailer was released recently. If you do not know about it, I will try to sum it up from what I know so far. Basically, you travel north to Utah's Zion National Park, where you find the infamous Burned Man who is still alive and very capable of taking care of himself. Despite being set on fire and thrown down the Great Divide, he lives and breathes and instead of plotting his vengeance toward Caesar's Legion, he is trying to restore Zion to a civilized area.

On your way to Zion, your caravan is attacked by a tribal raiding party. Not much more is known on that, other than you find Joshua Graham (Burned Man) at some point and you can either help him and his tribe or the other tribes; I suggest siding with Joshua Graham because if you can survive being set on fire and being thrown down a canyon, then you must be tough to kill, lol.

There have been a few releases so far, some of which being weapons and armor, and the small but significant storyline releases.

Source

I did not want to discuss Honest Hearts by itself though. There is a grand plot that affects the Courier alone. If you've picked up from the story or done a little digging yourself, you would have realized that rather than six couriers being hired, there were seven, you being the seventh courier. There was a cut companion from the game named Ulysses who instead of being a companion in the game, turns out to be someone with which you have some significant past with. Before the second battle of the Hoover Dam, he contacts you via radio transmission and promises to explain everything that happened in Primm if you do one final job: You must cross the Great Divide.

Now, in retrospect, this could have been predicted after the release of Dead Money. After you complete it (depending on your ending), both Dog/God and Christine will say that they appreciated the Courier, etc. but didn't think of him until the battle of the Great Divide, where two Couriers fight beneath an ancient flag, each carrying a message for the other. Christine appears to be a very significant character. She originated from the Californian Brotherhood of Steel branch to track down Father Elijah and kill him for his crimes against humanity, but she was captured in the Big Empty; a pre-War factory with some of the most advanced technology in the world. Elijah trapped her in the Big Empty and performed many different surgeries and augmentations that crippled her severely, but she was saved by a Courier who wore "the flag of the old world" on his back. If you've seen a picture of Ulysses, you will see that his jacket has a flag of the old world on it. It is confirmed that Ulysses saves Christine, and she even says that the Courier (You) remind her of the Courier that saved her in the Big Empty.

There are other subtle clues as to how this all fits.
  • Lonesome Road. Think about it. You come into the game with no family, your closest thing to a father is Doc Mitchell, and you know nothing of your own past, family, etc. I believe that Lonesome Road is a reference as to how you will have to travel alone, as you came into the world of New Vegas, and encounter the only past you may have.
  • Christine's situation with Ulysses at the Big Empty.
  • Johnson Nash's description of what happened in the Mojave Express office when Ulysses turned the job down when he saw your name.

It's all strange, and we won't be able to piece it together until the very end but I will continue to think of how it will all happen and end. I believe that Honest Hearts will shine more light on the Burned Man, as he was a large and often talked about character. I am glad to see something being done, I for one am actually scared to see him in the game, after what is said has happened to him. Old World Blues, I believe, will introduce Ulysses' and maybe even Christine's past, and will help you to understand what will happen in Lonesome Road. Seems crazy, to be honest. I can't wait for it all to come out.

I know this is a huge read, but let me know what you guys think. Huge debates are for the cool kids, nowadays.

Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Grrr...I shouldn't of sold New Vegas, well in retrospect the Dead Money DLC sucked. Sorry but Fallout 3 > Fallout:New Vegas lol

Edit: I may buy it again just to play these since I always wanted to see the Burned Man lol

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
Grrr...I shouldn't of sold New Vegas, well in retrospect the Dead Money DLC sucked. Sorry but Fallout 3 > Fallout:New Vegas lol

Edit: I may buy it again just to play these since I always wanted to see the Burned Man lol
Eh, Dead Money was alright. I like how it shed some light on Father Elijah, because he was very widely talked about throughout the game. I agree in some aspects, Fallout 3 had a better storyline, I think. There was more significance in it, and I live near DC so it felt more realistic, I guess.

I would, if I were you. Honest Hearts sounds so epic from what I've seen so far.

swashbuckler

swashbuckler

Reaction score
Sin$
excited for this dlc. didnt buy dead money cuz i heard it wasnt very good

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
excited for this dlc. didnt buy dead money cuz i heard it wasnt very good
I got it because I wanted a higher level cap, then I found the Assassin Suit in one of the missions, and the armor is pretty legit.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
It just felt like more of a chore then an DLC quite honestly. I hope they learned from their mistakes.
Yeah, I agree. The game forced you to go through with everything, otherwise Father Elijah would blow the slave collar up. Along with the speakers and radios that would really mess things up, those were unnecessary. Honest Hearts won't be like that, as you can decide everything that happens. It literally says that you decide the fate of Zion, and quite frankly, I'm going to be helping Joshua Graham.

Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I agree. The game forced you to go through with everything, otherwise Father Elijah would blow the slave collar up. Along with the speakers and radios that would really mess things up, those were unnecessary. Honest Hearts won't be like that, as you can decide everything that happens. It literally says that you decide the fate of Zion, and quite frankly, I'm going to be helping Joshua Graham.
Yeah same.

Top Bottom
Login
Register