Discussion Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Rant

• Thread starter Masofabich
  • Start date
  • Views 1,432
Masofabich

Masofabich

Reaction score
Sin$
Is anyone else tired of Bethesda and Sony not giving an actual release date for PS4? Every time I check, it is always, "Soon" or "Sometime this month." It's not that I'm mad about Xbox 1 getting them before PS4, no because we all know Xbox 1 has always been the crash-test dummy for a lot of things whilst PS4 would let the f***-ups happen to them and would iron out the problems, giving us a more refined and polished product. The issue I have is the fact that they can't give us a definite answer on when we can access mods, even though it is so close. Most DLCs in the past, by now, would already have a release date so that gamers could plan accordingly. I.e. Cancel Trips, Call in Sick... JK... or am I?:sneaky: Anyhow, If you are feeling as frustrated as I am :banghead: please feel free to rant along with me.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't call in sick over Fallout 4 mods lol.
And I think They are getting the final touches on getting everything set up, that is why they don't want to put out a date, because something may go wrong and people (Example A) will start to complain.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Meh, I got a game to play. Fallout 4. Mods don't really get me that excited as most of it is either building related which is boring to me, cheat related which; who needs cheats or new radio or companion stuff which I don't use (no music ftw).

If it'll get released in July, I don't care. If it'll get released next year I still won't care.

Oh yeah, and I'm playing on PC.

Masofabich

Masofabich

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't like to cheat either, it's just that I've already gotten the plat and all trophies for the expansions so I'm waiting for the mods so that I can continue to have fun with the game instead of deleting it.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
we all know Xbox 1 has always been the crash-test dummy for a lot of things whilst PS4 would let the ****-ups happen to them and would iron out the problems, giving us a more refined and polished product.
The reason Xbox got mods before Playstation is because Microsoft had the solution to bringing mods to consoles in the first place, without Microsoft's help, you might not even be getting Fallout mods for your PS4.

As for a release date, I would expect it to be around the last week of June since they're trying to get as much time as possible to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Masofabich

Masofabich

Reaction score
Sin$
The reason Xbox got mods before Playstation is because Microsoft had the solution to bringing mods to consoles in the first place, without Microsoft's help, you might not even be getting Fallout mods for your PS4.

As for a release date, I would expect it to be around the last week of June since they're trying to get as much time as possible to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Partially true. Microsoft has a reputation for rushing projects in order to compete with Sony. This competition has been going on long before Xbox and PlayStation were ever created. For example (in no particular order): VHS vs Betamax, Bluray vs HDDVD, and one we all know Xbox vs PlayStation. There has always been a bitter rivalry between the two companies.
Now, the main reason Microsoft had the solution for mods on Xbox is simple. Microsoft already had access to the mods on PC. Keeping this in mind, I watched the actual gameplay (from Xbox One and NOT PC) of mods on Xbox One and noticed that a lot of the mods are clashing with each other, causing Fallout 4 to suffer anything from micro-crashes to full crash (i.e. Pipboy map not fully loading, Framerate dives, Environment glitches, and Save file corruption)
Not saying that it's a big failure on Microsoft's part. In fact, it's a great step forward for their console albeit with a few issues.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Partially true. Microsoft has a reputation for rushing projects in order to compete with Sony. This competition has been going on long before Xbox and PlayStation were ever created. For example (in no particular order): VHS vs Betamax, Bluray vs HDDVD, and one we all know Xbox vs PlayStation. There has always been a bitter rivalry between the two companies.
Now, the main reason Microsoft had the solution for mods on Xbox is simple. Microsoft already had access to the mods on PC. Keeping this in mind, I watched the actual gameplay (from Xbox One and NOT PC) of mods on Xbox One and noticed that a lot of the mods are clashing with each other, causing Fallout 4 to suffer anything from micro-crashes to full crash (i.e. Pipboy map not fully loading, Framerate dives, Environment glitches, and Save file corruption)
Not saying that it's a big failure on Microsoft's part. In fact, it's a great step forward for their console albeit with a few issues.
I have yet to encounter any of those errors you listed on my saves and I'm currently at the limit for how many mods you can have. :rolleyes:

Masofabich

Masofabich

Reaction score
Sin$
I have yet to encounter any of those errors you listed on my saves and I'm currently at the limit for how many mods you can have. :rolleyes:

Not saying it's happening to everyone. Just an unlucky few. Here's an example:

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Not saying it's happening to everyone. Just an unlucky few. Here's an example:

That first crash isn't to do with mods, it's because the game can't handle the number of items that was in the container, hence the game crashed since the number of items isn't supposed to go that high. I think mods on PS4 will be exactly the same as they are on Xbox so the competition being put between them both is pointless. We will soon find out when the end of June rolls around, unless of course they end up pushing back the release date.

Masofabich

Masofabich

Reaction score
Sin$
That first crash isn't to do with mods, it's because the game can't handle the number of items that was in the container, hence the game crashed since the number of items isn't supposed to go that high. I think mods on PS4 will be exactly the same as they are on Xbox so the competition being put between them both is pointless. We will soon find out when the end of June rolls around, unless of course they end up pushing back the release date.

Yep. Not expecting PS4 to be perfect. Just wish they would hurry up. Already done everything in the game, gotten all the trophies to include DLC trophies so now I'm waiting on mods so that I can continue playing instead of just deleting the game.

SentryOG

SentryOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone has access to "the mods" including Sony, so much in fact console plebe thieves are stealing PC work and passing it off as their own.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/06/08/fallout-4-mod-theft/

I don't see why consoles are implementing mods. Not saying its silly or not a good idea, I just fail to see the "profit" on their end. Hard-core enthusiasts of these game types already play and mod it on PC. Even if everything rolls out perfect, your still getting a cookie compared to a cake.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is anyone else tired of Bethesda and Sony not giving an actual release date for PS4? Every time I check, it is always, "Soon" or "Sometime this month." It's not that I'm mad about Xbox 1 getting them before PS4, no because we all know Xbox 1 has always been the crash-test dummy for a lot of things whilst PS4 would let the ****-ups happen to them and would iron out the problems, giving us a more refined and polished product. The issue I have is the fact that they can't give us a definite answer on when we can access mods, even though it is so close. Most DLCs in the past, by now, would already have a release date so that gamers could plan accordingly. I.e. Cancel Trips, Call in Sick... JK... or am I?:sneaky: Anyhow, If you are feeling as frustrated as I am :banghead: please feel free to rant along with me.
Good things come to those who wait. If it was pushed to both systems at the same time it would be an absolute **** storm due to both of the network infrastuctures working differently and Bethesda trying to figure out how mod submissions should and should not work.

Look at the X1 in it's current state, there are mods being stolen left and right without any credit. So bethesda will need to put a system in place to monitor it on both ends, as well as a way to monitor which mods are being pushed to the console to make sure it wont do anything harmful to your system(lack of a better term)

Unfortunately it's not as easy as pushing a button and things will magically work

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't forget that some people have been uploading mods to Bethesda.net without even contacting the original mod author. It's been an ongoing issue since they allowed people to upload mods onto Bethesda.net and many modders (Elianora, DDProductions, and more) have gotten out of the modding scene entirely until Bethesda enforces some rules against stealing others' work.

This leads to many potential game-breaking issues as these mods are optimized for PC, not console. DDProductions is a great example of this: his mods have been ported without his knowledge or permission (the uploader said he ported it "out of respect for DD and just wanted console owners to experience his work) but it ended up crashing consoles and giving his name and his work a bad reputation.

I think that this is going to take awhile to smooth out regardless. Having the Xbox One serve as a "Guinea pig" isn't going to solve anything. When mods come to PS4, modders are going to have a new system with new hardware to prepare for. You're going to get the same issues you see here with mods that break the game, simply because they have to work to optimize it for a whole new console.

That said, PS4 is usually a month behind Xbox One to receive Bethesda game updates and DLCs. I'd say sometime this month, you'll see a release.

Last edited:
Jozizi

Jozizi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I want PS4 mods so I can get some more interesting decortations and flooring for my settlement

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya'll need to join the master race and head over to PC :wink:.

OT - I'd rather them keep delaying it and making sure it's perfect for you, otherwise we'd still be having rant threads like "omg, you've just released mods and they don't work properly.. Stupid Bethesda, sort your sh*t out!!!"

Which we really don't want either.

Jozizi

Jozizi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya'll need to join the master race and head over to PC :wink:.

OT - I'd rather them keep delaying it and making sure it's perfect for you, otherwise we'd still be having rant threads like "omg, you've just released mods and they don't work properly.. Stupid Bethesda, sort your sh*t out!!!"

Which we really don't want either.

Im going to haha after I save up £1200 to get a custom built one

Top Bottom
Login
Register