Solved Falcon V1 Alt CPU_RST Point? Pulled Original Pad

• Thread starter ShadowGuidR
  • Start date
  • Views 626
S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm asking here because out of all of the threads I've found of people with this issue, only 1 got an answer and it was still wrong, with the person linking them to alt points for a Trinity, not a Falcon.

Basically I'm redoing a system that I did yesterday as it was failing to boot. Just given my wire a little tug and pulled the pad. Reckon I saved any traces as I de-soldered again before lifting anything.
See here http://prntscr.com/k2vmfi and here http://prntscr.com/k2vmu2 for images of my horrific job.

If anyone can give me any alternate points to try, then please do. No, I haven't tried booting retail yet as I'm having issues even writing stock nand back for some reason.

EDIT: 3 red ring which as we all know is a hardware issue. I'm gonna have to fix this properly now, which I've never had to do so *any* help would be appreciated with man hugs and Oreos.

Last edited:
S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to the RROD, what secondary error code are you receiving? To find out, boot up the console. Then when the RROD shows, hold the sync button, and press the eject button and note down how many lights are flashing. Do that 3 more times, noting down how many lights are flashing (should you should now have 4 numbers noted down) and that's your secondary error code.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to the RROD, what secondary error code are you receiving? To find out, boot up the console. Then when the RROD shows, hold the sync button, and press the eject button and note down how many lights are flashing. Do that 3 more times, noting down how many lights are flashing (should you should now have 4 numbers noted down) and that's your secondary error code.
Already checked it, it's just 4 zeroes (0000) which doesn't seem very useful. In fact most of my hardware errored boards actually output video at some point. This one - no audio or video. It was working before I did anything to it as I updated it and checked a few things.

S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the fans spinning? Also, what colour is the light on the power supply when you try to turn it on?

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the fans spinning? Also, what colour is the light on the power supply when you try to turn it on?
Yeah, they're spinning. I've checked all the usual stuff, I refurb Xboxes as a hobby :tongue:. PSU is always green unless the system is in standby - the RRoD doesn't affect this.

S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they're spinning. I've checked all the usual stuff, I refurb Xboxes as a hobby :tongue:. PSU is always green unless the system is in standby - the RRoD doesn't affect this.
Ah, I see. The PSU light always being green isn't necessarily true - it can turn red and throw 0000 but that would be consistent with the fans not spinning and would indicate a short. As the light is green and the fan is spinning, 0000 is a pretty bad secondary error code to get as it's very hard to get any meaning from it. I'd do all the usual checks - check for dust or solder bridges. I would normally recommend desoldering all wires and writing stock back, but I know you've mentioned you're unable to. Try to find out why that is - getting back to stock would be really helpful as it'll eliminate any issues that could arise due to the RGH.

I'm not sure about alternate points, someone else may have a good suggestion. I'd find it very strange that pulling the pad would give 0000, I would have expected a more specific error code to be given.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, I see. The PSU light always being green isn't necessarily true - it can turn red and throw 0000 but that would be consistent with the fans not spinning and would indicate a short. As the light is green and the fan is spinning, 0000 is a pretty bad secondary error code to get as it's very hard to get any meaning from it. I'd do all the usual checks - check for dust or solder bridges. I would normally recommend desoldering all wires and writing stock back, but I know you've mentioned you're unable to. Try to find out why that is - getting back to stock would be really helpful as it'll eliminate any issues that could arise due to the RGH.

I'm not sure about alternate points, someone else may have a good suggestion. I'd find it very strange that pulling the pad would give 0000, I would have expected a more specific error code to be given.
I don't think you got my context, I only meant the light is always green in my case with this system - I could've worded it better to be fair. No bridges, fair bit of smoker's dust which is a load of wank to clean to be quite frank but it's not of any amount to typically cause issues in my experience, in fact for a Falcon I was surprised by how little dust there was. All wires were desoldered, I was in the process of re-installing the chip from scratch. I can't get to stock without fixing this RRoD, it's pretty stock as it is given that I flashed stock nand back anyway. I mean I can't boot it at all without repairing or working around my issue with this pad, I find that a lot of the times that this happens the system will throw 3R like in my case. I don't know man, I'm just not giving up this easily. I'm bloody willing.

I believe I need to either repair or work around this pulled pad before I hit any alternate points anyway. I'm pretty sure (from what I've read at least) that CPU_RST is fairly damn important to keep intact. I think there's actually a bridging method of work around, just not like bridging a couple of pins which run parallel to eachother but two separate pins on the board.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bumping because I really want an answer. :/

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumping again because I'm still a ****tard that messed up lol.

H HuskerHeaven Sorry to tag you but do you reckon you may have an idea?

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Staff
Reaction score
Bumping again because I'm still a ****tard that messed up lol.

H HuskerHeaven Sorry to tag you but do you reckon you may have an idea?
Have you tried writing and booting stock? Chip power wire should be disconnected when you try this. It will probably RROD. It will probably need a repair. It's essentially a jumper wire from the pad that's still there to a known working cpu_rst point. Get stock working first before attempting to RGH it again.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried writing and booting stock? Chip power wire should be disconnected when you try this. It will probably RROD. It will probably need a repair. It's essentially a jumper wire from the pad that's still there to a known working cpu_rst point. Get stock working first before attempting to RGH it again.
Cheers Husker.

I'll try again later on, got a few things to do first but I will let you know how my attempts go.

As for using a jumper wire, I don't get what you mean by "the pad that's still there". I assume you don't mean the one I ripped up so I don't know which one you mean. Sorry if I'm being awkward, I've been awake for 5 minutes. I'm probably going to have to rebuild my nand file too as I'm sure I fked them up when trying to fix.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-Edited to update without making another post.

Since I never managed to get the CPU key as it never got to Xell, I've had to use files I found in an old repo in order to recover it. Problem is, it doesn't boot, just 'turns on' and stays on. No video or audio is received.

Last edited:
K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
-Edited to update without making another post.

Since I never managed to get the CPU key as it never got to Xell, I've had to use files I found in an old repo in order to recover it. Problem is, it doesn't boot, just 'turns on' and stays on. No video or audio is received.
All You Needed To Do Is Load Nanddump1 And Click Write Nand.

No Cpu Required.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All You Needed To Do Is Load Nanddump1 And Click Write Nand.

No Cpu Required.
I did what you said and ended up with the 3 RRoD again. Fairly sure I need to repair or work around my pulled pad. :/

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
I did what you said and ended up with the 3 RRoD again. Fairly sure I need to repair or work around my pulled pad. :/
They Yes Your Gonna Have To Repair The Point First.

S

ShadowGuidR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They Yes Your Gonna Have To Repair The Point First.
Can't get anything attached to the fraction of a millimeter of trace that's visible. It's in my parts pile now. :tongue:

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom