• Thread starter GreatJourney
  • Start date
  • Views 1,325
GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got the chance to get a new USB drive for my Falcon RGH2. I remember someone had a tutorial in their signature but I cant remember who and what to do at the end. I open my nanddump1.bin in J-runner, change the SMC settings, it creates a file called nanddump1_edited.bin. What do I do from here? Just rename it to "updflash.bin" and put the USB in my RGH and boot up Xell?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Use the edited to recreate your freeboot image. That output should be updflash.bin, put that on usb and boot up xell.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you created an updated nand before to update the dash? Same thing only your using the edited file to do it.

GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I didnt update it actually. Whenever I bought it, it was on 16756.. But do I just choose the dashboard, select RGH2, then build XeBuild image?

JeEnYuS

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Sin$
I didnt update it actually. Whenever I bought it, it was on 16756.. But do I just choose the dashboard, select RGH2, then build XeBuild image?

Load your updflash.bin in j-runner( in the load source section) and after editing the SMC j-runner will generate a new image named updflash_edited.bin. Rename it to updflash.bin and put this image on the root of your usb stick. Insert your usb stick in your console and boot XeLL. Flash your nand....

GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Load your updflash.bin in j-runner( in the load source section) and after editing the SMC j-runner will generate a new image named updflash_edited.bin. Rename it to updflash.bin and put this image on the root of your usb stick. Insert your usb stick in your console and boot XeLL. Flash your nand....
Load updflash.bin or nanddump1.bin?

JeEnYuS

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Sin$
updflash.bin 
If you use nanddump1.bin you will have to create another xebuild image after editing the smc vs using your known working 16756 xebuild image(updflash.bin)

GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, do I get a tool to dump my nand and do it or just use the original updflash.bin that came on the disk with my RGH?

GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems right.
If you use the updflash.bin that came with the console then you're good.
It wont boot now.. I am not sure if I am getting RROD's or not because I have custom leds and I dont think they have the error leds in them. It just boots up forever. I flashed it, unplugged it for 30 seconds, plugged it back in, and turned it on. Thats it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register