What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Falcon: Signs of early GPU failure?

• Thread starter Un_ixi_an
  • Start date
  • Views 496
U

Un_ixi_an

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, currently running my own RGH1.2v2 Falcon using a matrix glitcher. Runs like a beauty, but I've noticed some strange booting behavior and just seeing if my suspicious hold up.

So, I'll turn on my console, It'll boot almost instantly, and the boot animation will be really slow or textures on the boot anim will be popping in or out. This usually leads to my console crashing after finishing the bootanim, then a restart fixes it and I don't see it for another few hours. Games seem to run fine without any issues, so I have been wondering since this console is a Falcon, could this be a sign of early GPU failure? Or, failure on the DRAM chip that is on the GPU?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

bvop

bvop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all, if it is a late falcon, make sure it has a 970 GPU or above, because if it is, you can pretty much rule out any GPU issue because chips with X810/813 970 GPUs have higher Tg underfill which basically means you're safe for at least a while. if you have an early falcon, with a X810480 GPU, try reflowing it before doing anything else.

gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Reflow is not a forever fix but if you have the skill the try it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register